Excessive Shedding

Parry

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post on the board. Facing genetic hair loss for at least 5-6 years now, would put my self some where around 3Vertex pattern but with not that much of a loss at the crown.

Due to my work have moved to Singapore about 20-25 days back, where I am facing excessive shedding of my already thinning hair. Bought Audace Hair Reactive and Hair Fall Control Shampoo last week, but not much of great help.

Pls assist with your advice;
1) On getting a good shampoo to arrest this shedding
2) Also further assist with your experience to treat my hair loss

FYI: I was having Biotin 5mg tablets for about 20days then because of the unavailability started having Biotin Forte by Enzymatic Therapy. Also, started to use Schwarzkopf Spa Essence Anti-Hair Loss Serum (Containing Carnitine Tartrate and Echinacea).

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are no shampoos which are even remotely close to powerful enough to stop male pattern baldness. Nizoral and other keto shampoos may have mild anti-androgenic properties which help stop hairloss, but they are very weak at best. Most hairloss shampoos just fluff up your hair to make it look thicker but have no actual ability to stop hairloss/shedding.

To stop hairloss long term you need finasteride, which stops the cause of hairloss (DHT). In addition to finasteride you can start minoxidil with it, which will give you the maximum regrowth possible. If you are satisfied with just maintaining what you have I would take the finasteride only and not bother with the minoxidil though

Parry

Reaction score
Thanks zzzzz for replying. I am facing this excessive shedding only since the time I have come to Singapore. Any specific reasons of this effect on the hair in this type of tropical climate? Any thing to help stop this shedding?

Reading reviews/ side effects of Finasteride is making me apprehensive of using it. Have used minoxidil about 2years back for 3-4months & then stopped. What else can used alongwith minoxidil to fight male pattern baldness?

Any reviews about Vichy Dercos Neogenic Monodose treatment? Also, what shampoo would you recommend?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks zzzzz for replying. I am facing this excessive shedding only since the time I have come to Singapore. Any specific reasons of this effect on the hair in this type of tropical climate? Any thing to help stop this shedding?

Reading reviews/ side effects of Finasteride is making me apprehensive of using it. Have used minoxidil about 2years back for 3-4months & then stopped. What else can used alongwith minoxidil to fight male pattern baldness?

Any reviews about Vichy Dercos Neogenic Monodose treatment? Also, what shampoo would you recommend?

99% of hairloss in men is male pattern baldness so it's probably that. there is nothing that works for male pattern baldness except minoxidil, oral AA such as finasteride, and MAYBE one or two experimental treatments that aren't worth your time. finasteride does not cause permanent sides, so you can try it and if you don't get sides stay on it

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
99% of hairloss in men is male pattern baldness so it's probably that. there is nothing that works for male pattern baldness except minoxidil, oral AA such as finasteride, and MAYBE one or two experimental treatments that aren't worth your time. finasteride does not cause permanent sides, so you can try it and if you don't get sides stay on it

RU58841 most likely definitely outperforms finasteride, and probably is on par with dutasteride imo. Literature kinda confirms this. But yeah you need either finasteride/dutasteride/ru.

Parry

Reaction score

I agree to your point of view. But still can you figure out any reasons for this immediate shedding after coming to Singapore? Could it be excess sebum production in tropical climate or the type of water?

Are you sure for the side effects of finasteride & Dustastride? Which one of the two is better? What dose of minoxidil would you recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

RU58841 most likely definitely outperforms finasteride, and probably is on par with dutasteride imo. Literature kinda confirms this. But yeah you need either finasteride/dutasteride/ru.

Thanks Swoop for replying. Where is RU available; any commercial name?

Also I see your past regimen having usage of Neogenic, what is your review?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Changing environment is common trigger for hairloss.

Stress, change in water, food etc can trigger a shed. If you have male pattern baldness it could never grow back

If you think its male pattern baldness start finasteride asap

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
But still can you figure out any reasons for this immediate shedding after coming to Singapore

?

coincidence.

Also, RU is one of the experimental drugs I was talking about. It is very expensive, complicated to use, results are unproven and sides are unkown but presumed to be fairly minor or nonexistent. You can get it at kaneshop online but will need to learn how to make it if you want to use it. The idea of using RU is dumb though, if you haven't tried finasteride first. RU should be a last resort

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
coincidence.

Also, RU is one of the experimental drugs I was talking about. It is very expensive, complicated to use, results are unproven and sides are unkown but presumed to be fairly minor or nonexistent. You can get it at kaneshop online but will need to learn how to make it if you want to use it. The idea of using RU is dumb though, if you haven't tried finasteride first. RU should be a last resort

No, it is not 'very' expensive. It's easily affordable. 10grams costs $165 from Kane. If you use 50mg per day, this will last you 200 days, or in other words about 6.5 months. Per month this is about 25 dollars. If you can't afford that, you are NEVER going to treat your baldness.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Per month this is about 25 dollars. If you can't afford that, you are NEVER going to treat your baldness.

True. Can we get this stuff in the US? Do you think it would be worth it to add RU since I am already on finasteride or would that be over kill? It might be worth it, $165 isn't that much at all.

Parry

Reaction score
The idea of using RU is dumb though, if you haven't tried finasteride first. RU should be a last resort

Is there any difference between side effects of finasteride & Dust? What is your experience with Dust for side effects?

Seeing you pics is really encouraging. How has the growth been on the front side & temples?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any difference between side effects of finasteride & Dust? What is your experience with Dust for side effects?

Seeing you pics is really encouraging. How has the growth been on the front side & temples?

dutasteride is more powerful, sides are same as finasteride, but more severe and more common if you get them, and last a lot longer after stopping. There is a also some speculation of the importance of type 1 DHT which is inhibited by dutasteride but not finasteride

I did not get any sides from it. dutasteride is not a whole lot better than finasteride, If you see regrowth with dutasteride you would have probably had regrowth with finasteride too

Parry

Reaction score
Thanks zzzzz. Started applying minoxidil 5% (almost 10days now).

Also, tried washing my hair with baking soda & then rinsing with Apple Cider. Its making my scalp less oily.

Any idea about using Saw Palmetto & Stinging Nettle as DHT Blockers instead of finasteride & Dust? And also using horsetail herb?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks zzzzz. Started applying minoxidil 5% (almost 10days now).

Also, tried washing my hair with baking soda & then rinsing with Apple Cider. Its making my scalp less oily.

Any idea about using Saw Palmetto & Stinging Nettle as DHT Blockers instead of finasteride & Dust? And also using horsetail herb?

those are almost useless

Parry

Reaction score
Hi zzzzz, its nearly 3months now I have been applying 1ml minoxidil 5% and using Nizral once a week.

Earlier used Nizral 1%, now for a month have been using Nizral 2%.

Started finasteride 1mg, 15days back & have started to get its side effects (weak erection & loss of morningwood).

Now should I still continue with finasteride? Pls advice.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi zzzzz, its nearly 3months now I have been applying 1ml minoxidil 5% and using Nizral once a week.

Earlier used Nizral 1%, now for a month have been using Nizral 2%.

Started finasteride 1mg, 15days back & have started to get its side effects (weak erection & loss of morningwood).

Now should I still continue with finasteride? Pls advice.

your choice, you could stop or take for another 2 weeks or so and see if the sides go away

Parry

Reaction score
Tried dropping finasteride for 3 days in between, was able to regain morning wood. Then started finasteride again. Taking it 5 times in a week.

Is there a no point of return from the sides? Or they will phase out once finasteride is stopped?