Exercising – 4 Weeks Post Procedure – IS SWEATING AN ISSUE?

hawk001

Reaction score
Exercising – 4 Weeks Post Procedure – IS SWEATING AN ISSUE?

I have started exercising 4 weeks after my procedure. (5700 grafts). A 60 minute workout which includes jogging, stepper and 30 minutes of weight training. My recipient and donor area are perfectly fine and healed. I try to ensure that no extra pressure is put on the donor area, however sometimes, (for a sec or two); a slight pain occurs in the donor area, while exercising but it goes away immediately. So I try and not repeat that particular exercise. I hope this does not lead to a wider scar.

I am more concerned about the sweating part. Though the gym is air-conditioned, I have the tendency to sweat and keep patting a towel on my recipient area. I hope this does not damage the transplanted grafts.

s.a.f

Reaction score
At 4 weeks the grafts will be fine to touch. But any heavy lifting could cause the scar to stretch.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd be concerned about scar stretching also... i'd contact your Doctor and see what he says

s.a.f

Reaction score
The first month or so is the most risky time, the longer you leave it the less likely but it can still stretch even after 6months. Your skin laxity plays a huge role in this.

Reaction score
My Doctor told me that its fine to work out after a month. I didn't feel like taking that advice and I didn't work out until 3 months Post -Op. Now, I'm afraid I may have stretched the scar a bit.

In my humble opinion, One month post-Op is too early to begin exercising. Why would you want to take such a risk at a time like this ? If you stick to proper diet and avoid junk, may be you can give exercise rest for now ?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends on the type of excercise, its only really heavy lifting that would cause the scar to stretch.