Experimental Concept - Smaller doses of Oral spironolactone?

John_Dominic

Reaction score
Ok, i've read in the forum a lot over time, and I guess I figured i'd bring this up as something to discuss.

As many have experienced, the Propecia i've been using for 5 years is starting to lose it's effectiveness. Don't get me wrong, it helped - it just never stopped it at all. And, it's been getting very, very ineffective recently.

Now, i've looked at every drug out there, and seen what other people have done, and spironolactone seems to be one of the few things that actually works - albeit the consequence is becoming infertile.

Now, obviously I do not want that. And, i'm not that crazy to freeze my stuff in a sperm bank and risk it, since the petry dish method is not remotely guaranteed.

Everything else seems like crap to me. Copper Peptides, Laser Combs, etc - are all just "slightly" helpful (as in, maybe slows things down 5%).

Even hair transpants are just a sort of "band aid" solution, of which you'll never escape, no matter what. And, there truely seems like there's no solution on the horizon, so i'm considering more unorthodoxed measures.

So, my theory is to take a lesser amount of spironolactone - just enough to stop the DHT from being at the point where the negative consequences surface (as they are doing now).

The one thing I can never find is actual proper studies on what quantity and how much time it would takes for your fertility to be affected.

In all the research i've done, all I can get is hearsay that it happens in anywhere from 2 months to 2 years, based on standard dosages (100mg, which I believe one kid here actually did - which means, he's probably not able to have kids as the cost of saving his hair). Of course, i've also heard hearsay that people do not become infertile by Sprio, and that it's only while you're on it that, that you are affected that way.

So, anyway, I want to hear from any of you who may have heard any more about this, or has come across some sort of proper research study which can shed more light on this subject.

P.S. I know people seem to be very knee-jerk about spironolactone, so please hold it off for this thread. I know all the potential of breast tissue, etc, etc and am simply discussing a concept here. I've made no decision and am nowhere close to doing it, and want this to be as academic as possible.

Thanks...

John_Dominic

Reaction score
Is something wrong here?

I've went thoroughly over the archives, and no one had asked or answered this question yet.

G

PubMed has studies on it. Get in touch with socks on here. He is on 100 mg a day of oral spironolactone I believ.

Also consider switching to oral dutasteride from your finasteride.

John_Dominic

Reaction score
JayMan said:
PubMed has studies on it. Get in touch with socks on here. He is on 100 mg a day of oral spironolactone I believ.

Also consider switching to oral dutasteride from your finasteride.

Can you link me to this pubmed place?

I've never been there.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman, how did you convince you doctor to write you a script for dutasteride?

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
this is what i think... as low as 25mg per day will give many man side effect... almost all man will get side effect on 50mg per day...

speaking from own experience and feedback...

people like sock i believe is a rare bred...

most likely gyno will be your first side effect... lowest effective dosage base on estimation will should be 50mg per day... lower than that most likely will not have any effect although i do experience less oily facial skin with 25mg and dry skin on 50mg...