Experimental Treatments Success Stories

notlikethis

Reaction score
:dunno:

been surfing the fourm for awile now and havnt really came across any success stories that dont include the big three

has anyone really experinced re-growth without using finasteride or min??

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride/Dutasteride is the only viable treatment.

ali777

Reaction score
notlikethis said:
:dunno:

been surfing the fourm for awile now and havnt really came across any success stories that dont include the big three

has anyone really experinced re-growth without using finasteride or min??

You can probably slow hairloss down with some subtle changes, but no regrowth.

For regrowth you need a DHT blocker, Rivavogen and some other products claim to block DHT, thus promote hair re-growth. You could look at them.

To slow hairloss down, try exercising and healthy diet. I don't take finasteride, but for the last year or two, my hairloss hasn't really progressed much. I try to manage my stress, I don't exercise enough but I do a bit, I eat healthy, I take supplements, etc. Just small changes...

Jacob

Reaction score
I've done quite well..after using many many different topicals over the years. Never used the Big 3.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's a guy in Success Stories who got regrowth on Aloe vera I think?? Need to check that actually, it was a long thread with lots of folks questioning whether it was legit or not

The guy who runs the Immortal Hair site has photos up of his regrowth with his non-Big 3 regimen.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I've done quite well..after using many many different topicals over the years. Never used the Big 3.

Any chance you'd name the topicals you're using please?
Essential oils?

Nashville Hairline said:
Here's the Aloe guy:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=42720&hilit=aloe

not all the pictures are working though, unfortunately.

He was using nizoral + Aloe Vera topical.

It's most likely that Ketoconazole was the key to that man's success. There's numerous studies showing Nizoral's regrowth power and anti-androgenic properties. Therefore it's a part of the Big 3.

The Aloe vera might have reduced inflammation and made the scalp a more hospitable place for hair.

This guy also mentioned that he used to use Finasteride and Minoxidil. Maybe this is a regrowth after he used it. Some people mention their hair get's thicker after quitting the Big 3 because they quit half way through due to excess shedding.

JLL said:
Well, I know for sure that retinol can grow new hairs. Whether it can regrow lost hair, I don't know.

Yeah, unfortuenatly it causes side effects of dry skin and extreme red face with me. It does grow hair though.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
JLL said:
Well, I know for sure that retinol can grow new hairs. Whether it can regrow lost hair, I don't know.

AH HA.. i asked you if anything else would work ...then you say this..please tp explain what do I get and where and in what amounts

I thought that thread was about supplements?

You can get retinol from several places. The one I used was a 2% retinol cream from Young Again. Ordered it from their website.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
This guy also mentioned that he used to use Finasteride and Minoxidil. Maybe this is a regrowth after he used it. Some people mention their hair get's thicker after quitting the Big 3 because they quit half way through due to excess shedding.
He said he only used it for a few weeks...I've never seen anyone get any regrowth on Propecia on here til three months in at minimum.

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
Yeah, unfortuenatly it causes side effects of dry skin and extreme red face with me. It does grow hair though.

Retinol? Or are you referring to retin-A? Retinol is much milder, I didn't notice any drky skin or redness. These side effects are very common with retin-A, however.

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been having lots of success with saw palmetto and marijuana so far. I can't wait until I can get pics of my hair to show you guys :)