Experts...a question about Betamethasone

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was told to use betamethasone val (liquid) for my seb derm on my scalp. as of now i have been applying it for about two weeks at about 1-2 times per day (sometimes missing a day)
My question is how long can i use this stuff before it gets dangerous? If i thin the skin then will this problem go away after i stop using it?

i aslo read that this stuff can regrow hair?>?

well i guess that was more than one question but i definitely need some responses.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another Rogaine lotion additive is betamethasone valerate. Betamethasone valerate is a cortisone medication that helps to prevent scalp inflammation. In addition to reducing possible scalp irritation, it may also enhance the hair restoration effect of Rogaine in two ways: First, it helps block the metabolism of testosterone in the cells of the hair follicle where the hormone signal to "stop producing new hairs" takes place. Blocking this signal may keep more hairs growing. Second, betamethasone valerate helps to disperse the white blood cells that are called up to push the hair shaft out. In doing so, the white blood cells scar the hair follicle, reducing to a degree the follicle's ability to produce new hairs. By reducing scarring, betamethasone valerate may help keep the hair follicles active for more hair growth cycles. Male pattern baldness is a scarring alopecia, and the betamethasone valerate helps reduce scarring of the hair follicle.