Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possibl

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted to run my supplement list by you. These are things Im taking for other health problems Im having. Seem to be having a shed and wanted to get ur guys thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Daily:

r-lipoic-acid: 300 mg
biotin: 2 mg
ginseng:1200 mg
coq 10: 200 mg
Acetyl L Carnitine: 1800 mg
Ginkgo: 240 mg
Magnesium: 400 mg
lions mane: 1800mg
vit d3: 2000 iu/day
b12: 10mg
rhodiola : 500 mg
spirulina: 1g
N-Acetyl-Cystine: 600 mg

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
yes. beware of liver damage. too many supplements stresses the liver. I would bet if u got a blood test done from liver function, the enzymes would be high. If not now, then later in life. remember except for vitamins and minerals, u need to take them for life. ur commiting urself to liver damage at some stage maybe even decades from now.

my advice, choose the best 4, and take them, + temporary use of others. replace any synthetic vitamins with natural superfoods, such as chlorella, spiralina, (theres heaps) i'd probably reccomend 2 anti oxidant herbs + 1 multi-vitamin typ superfood, and perhaps 1 mineral supplement. complement this with probiotics. takes these at different times of the day, so not all at once.

liver damage is ok for a while but at a certain point it becomes irreversible.
The benefits of those supplements will quickly become negligable compared with the detrimental liver effects.

just my opinion.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Curious as to why you are taking ginseng (as it relates to hair)? Does a synergism exist between any of the supplements that you have included in your regimen?

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of the supplements Im taking, including ginseng, is to speed up nerve recovery from some peripheral nerve damage I had some time ago.

Biotin Im taking to counteract the r-lipoic, as it is said to compete with biotin.

So besides liver stuff, do you guys think anything in there could be effecting my hair negatively?