Expired Rogaine minoxidil?

harp79

Reaction score
My mom had picked up a few tubes of rogaine for 5 bucks a piece in one of the bargain bins at the store and I had been using it for a few weeks till I checked the expiration date on one of the boxes. Will expired minoxidil still work, or is it useless? I ask because some items, such as saline solution, have expiration dates that really do not ever expire.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no clue. If they're not that far expired chance are they'll work just fine. If you're concerned go buy some generics, twenty bucks for two months supply (at Kmart), can't beat that.

harp79

Reaction score
fallicule said:
I have no clue. If they're not that far expired chance are they'll work just fine. If you're concerned go buy some generics, twenty bucks for two months supply (at Kmart), can't beat that.

They expired in 2003...they're still giving me the flaky scalp--I'm not sure if thats a direct result of minoxidil or the additives in the solution... I have some non-expired generic minoxidil but its doesnt dry as nearly as quick as Rogaine, which is a bit annoying. Thanks for the reply :)