eye brows and lashes.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seems they are coming out more and more. I'm wondering if they are caused from lowered DHT from finasteride. anyone know what to do?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me. I pull on my eyebrows and a bunch comes out!

Tony

Petchsky

Reaction score
Glad to hear its not just me, i'm sure my eye lashes are growing on top of each other, i seem to always get them in my eyes which is a royal pain in the ***. I hear you guys, my eyebrows have been shedding for about 6 months!! WTF is that sh*t all about?

Reaction score
Yeah same here my eyebrows have been shedding for awhile now their always getting in my eye too its annoying and their really easy to pluck with my fingers with no pain at all..

Petchsky

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

Reading that post made feel a little uncomfortable... why does an uptake in estrogen cause shedding of the eyebrows? and what are the implications. I have had a few of the symptoms you mentioned there, but some where months ago and have sinced passed. Is there anything that can be done to guard against rising estrogen levels?

Petchsky.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only symptoms I have is the eye brow shedding. I wonder if my estrogen levels are supper high now....hmmmmm.....you're damned if you do and damned if you dont!

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
same problem here, when i pull my eyebrow i see 3-5 of em come out :roll:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
The brow shedding for me wasn't in relation to the uptake of estrogen. It was the fact that the skin dried out and became slightly irritated, itchy, in the "T" section of the face (nose & eyebrows). When I would scratch, id see eyebrow hairs fall out everywhere. For some reason I believe that's more related to the DHT inhibition. DHT is present in all tissues of the body, not just the scalp or prostate. It could also be an increase in T that causes the inflammation/itching/irritation.

Either way the Propecia trials made users go on an anti inflammatory shampoo because they were aware that taking it could cause sebborhea. This is just simply a form of sebborhea on the face, which is more evidence that it can agitate and cause excessive shedding if not controlled. Eyebrows fall out, hair will fall out, etc in the affected areas. The exact reason for why the skin changes in this way is unknown to me but it seems pretty well known to Merck.

HairLossTalk.com

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think this eyebrow shed is caused by dht because i know alot of bald guys that have very thick eyebrows and beards... :?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
It's not an issue of eyebrow thickness. My eyebrows are thick and I still lost a lot of them when I would scratch. You don't go bald there.

Its just a shedding of more eyebrow hairs due to inflammation, itching, flakiness, dryness, etc. That is sebborhea and im quite positive you can control it by putting some nizoral on the affected area every so often.

99% of the time the hairs fell out because i was a little itchy there. Itchy because it was a little overdry, a little flaky, etc.

HairLossTalk.com

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think msm has helped my eyebrows and lashes quite bit before my eyebrows were itching liek yours like begging me to pull them off that bad ever since im taking msm they dont want to come out anymore.. but they come out when i pull :roll:

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
According to dr Pickart (I am assuming the information is directly from Pickart because I came across it on Skin Biology), you should apply folligen cream with emu oil. After two months, the eyebrows should grow back. I also agree with HairLossTalk.com in that eyebrow loss seems to coincide with inflammation thus suggesting there could be possible benefits of nizarol or copper peptides.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Its not really a huge problem, i've got bushy eyebrows anyway so its good that there being thinned out... seems kinda crazy putting Nizoral on my eyebrows but it works on your scalp it will work on my brow. I' have not really got dry skin but putting on moisturiser every night should help too.
After all these replies i'm not to worried about it now.

The Gardener

Reaction score
My eyebrows look like Leonard Nimoy's. Its a very sexy look on Planet Vulcan, but not very becoming here on earth.

I do rub some spironolactone 5 over them in the evenings and that has made them a LOT less coarse, but they are still a bit long. Of course I am exaggerating a bit about the Nimoy comment, but they have gotten a bit bushy.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Welcome to the bushy eyebrow club. Its kind of funny how we all are here due to hairloss and right now where talking about our eyebrows shedding, i suppose its a better situation to be in.

Now if i was gullible Gardner i would rush off and put minoxidil on my eyebrows! Hang on a minute, thats not a bad idea, at least to the shedding subsides.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Yep... using minoxidil on my scalp has also contributed to a little additional bushiness in the eyebrows. My beard grows in a bit quicker too.

I could not even imagine using minoxidil on my eyebrows. I'd probably look like Albert Einstein at best, and some sort of exotic insect at worst.

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
In the last 6 months or so i have noticed my eyebrows thinning. I'm still not sure if it was due to me not eating enough or to the eyebrows dryness i started experienceing in the last few months. About 3-4 hours after my showers my eyebrows start to feel dry. I tried aloe vera lotion for a while and vitamin e aloe vera oil and my eyebrows just seem to come out reguardless if i leave them alone and let them dry out or put some moisturizer in them. As I put mosturizer in the with a qtip i seem to lose some eyebrow hair just by applying the moisterizer. Its very odd to me because this has only been going on for me within the last 5-6 months and it came suddenly. Ive never had any problems with it in the past. I currently am dealing with the situation as best as I can and dont know what to do right now because I currently dont have health insurance which basically means seeing a doctor is out of the question. I am curently trying to get some health insurance so i can take my issue to my doctor and get to the bottom of it. :roll:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Very common result of hormonal changes going on in the scalp and in the "T" section of the face. Sometimes its caused by Propecia use, sometimes it just develops. Its called sebborhea (sp?) and can cause itchiness and hair to fall out. Ive had it myself for quite awhile. When you use Nizoral shampoo allow some to get into the "T" section of your eyebrows and nose if you're having eczema sebborhea related flakiness and shedding .. it will help. Be sure NEVER to open your eyes when you do this or you will be screaming bloody murder!

HairLossTalk.com

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
some questions........

HairlossTalk said:
Very common result of hormonal changes going on in the scalp and in the "T" section of the face. Sometimes its caused by Propecia use, sometimes it just develops. Its called sebborhea (sp?) and can cause itchiness and hair to fall out. Ive had it myself for quite awhile. When you use Nizoral shampoo allow some to get into the "T" section of your eyebrows and nose if you're having eczema sebborhea related flakiness and shedding .. it will help. Be sure NEVER to open your eyes when you do this or you will be screaming bloody murder! HairLossTalk.com

My eyebrows don't seem to itch. They just feel very dry after showers and they seem to fall out more than they should. When I squint my eyebrows feel very tight and pretty dry. :roll: Anything else to add to that HairLossTalk.com? Is sebborhea something some people grow out of eventually or is it with you the rest of your life? :( I'd like to find out a little more on sebborhea could you provide me with a good website that would have a good description of it and its symptoms? Thanks.

Brandon