eyelash problem

Stefanovic

Reaction score
I hope no one will judge as my problem and story is a bit different from most stories here.
I'm 32 years of age and my head hair is brownish, my beard is black. I have a skin type 3-4. But my eyelashes have always been white.
Since I was a kid people commented: is that a wig or why do you dye your hair and forget about your lashes?
When I was 16 someone seemed to have the perfect solution: eyelash tinting.
I've had it done and after two days I've noticed that white parts were growing in again. Eyelash growth is very irregular. Some parts are in a growing phase, others in a resting phase. After a week I looked like a piano which was very odd.

The beautician recommended me to cover the growing parts with mascara, but hey, I'm a man. It didn't feel like a solution, more like wearing a wig when you're bald and that's why I guess some of you might understand the feeling: you cover something but it doesn't feel like it's part of you. It feels fake.

I've also tried latisse but it didnt do anything for me.

Lately I've been wondering. I do have dark hair growing on my body ( the darkest is my beard) and I've heard about eyelash transplants. Technically it should be possible to have a row of ( beard? ) hair transplanted to my eyelashes.

The other question I have is: I still have ( white) eyelashes. Would it be enough to create an extra row so the existing lashes are covered or would it be better to have permanently removed the existing ones and replace them by darker ones?

I know my question is not very common, but this is a major concern for me. We all want to look normal and natural, don't you think?

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
Stick to the lash tinting and mascara. Less room for error.

I had a male friend who wore foundation and I never would have noticed it until a friend told me. And even then, I still didn't notice that it was being used. Mascara use doesn't have to be over the top. Get something that's really light and not clumpy. And if you feel embarrassed about being seen purchasing it a store, order it online.

I think it's too risky and too much of a hassle to go through the procedure of removing existing eyelashes and then transplanting new hair there.

Stefanovic

Reaction score
Stick to the lash tinting and mascara. Less room for error.

I had a male friend who wore foundation and I never would have noticed it until a friend told me. And even then, I still didn't notice that it was being used. Mascara use doesn't have to be over the top. Get something that's really light and not clumpy. And if you feel embarrassed about being seen purchasing it a store, order it online.

I think it's too risky and too much of a hassle to go through the procedure of removing existing eyelashes and then transplanting new hair there.

Even if it would be a risk, I want to take it. Look: I tried to get my head around the tinting and mascara thing but it doesnt make me happy. In 20 years from now I will regret the fact that I havent done anything else about it. Before even considering this thing, many years have gone by.
Removing lashes first is maybe a hassle, but beard hairs are thicker than eyelash hair so probably having transplanted an extra row above the existing lashes could also work?

Last edited:

rerun

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if it would be a risk, I want to take it. Look: I tried to get my head around the tinting and mascara thing but it doesnt make me happy. In 20 years from now I will regret the fact that I havent done anything else about it. Before even considering this thing, many years have gone by.
Removing lashes first is maybe a hassle, but beard hairs are thicker than eyelash hair so probably having transplanted an extra row above the existing lashes could also work?

Do you think you're going to enjoy routinely trimming your beard hairs when they are transplanted to your eyelash region? Beard hairs grow a lot more than eyelashes and they also are really coarse.

Stefanovic

Reaction score
Of course and let's not turn topics into psychological ones just because the problem is a bit less frequent than hair transplants. You can also say to a balding person: why dont you just wear a wig? No one will notice it.

On the other hand: you'd be surprised how fast eyelashes grow. When I have mine tinted, many parts have grown a lot after a couple of days.

HAIIIRRR

Reaction score
nobody mentioned latisse? Its an offshoot from from the drug lumigan thats used to treat glaucoma if I remember right. They noticed it caused "lush eyelash growth" as a side effect and started marketing it that way. FDA approved and fairly high effectiveness...might not help with the color but should help with volume. If your Doctor is chill he can write you a script to use lumigan off-label since its quite a bit cheaper.

Stefanovic

Reaction score
I have tried latisse ( and lumigan as well) and it didnt work for me. The only ( change) was very red eyes even though I have been very cautious. In the mean time I have taken a small strip from the back of my hair and it's pretty dark. So it could be used as donor hair.