F1fan's Story- (36 / diffuse thinning)

F1fan

Reaction score
I used to have long thick black curly hair, and about 10-12 years ago I realised I was thinning on top. I got it cut and tried to conceal it as well as I could with a short hair style. It has progressively gotten worse over the years and in September this year I decided to try and do something about it. I ordered Propecia from an online pharmacy and started my regime. A couple of days later after reading more info online I thought I would go the whole hog and add Regaine to it as well. I have already been using Nizoral for the best part of 10 years after I went to the doctors with a headache and she prescribed it for me for what I thought was bad dandruff! The Nizoral has helped keep my dry scalp under control.
After about 3 weeks I had a really bad shed. I went to a family christening and my younger brother commented to me that my male pattern baldness was really becoming evident, which is never nice to hear. I told him I had started a regime and it sometimes gets worse before it gets better. I really hoped so anyway. The advice on here to stick with it really helped. This week is the first time i've looked in the mirror and thought to myself it does look better. It also feels a little bit thicker. Not a massive difference but just enough for me to notice.
I've been taking pictures every week to keep a log and will post some of them when I get a chance to blank my face from them.

F1fan

Reaction score
Finally managed to upload some pics. All pics taken with same camera with flash.

Also added vitamins to my regime since mid Nov. I take an Omega 3 three times a day and skin, hair & nails supplement 3 times a day.

Attachments

• wk 17 a(1).jpg
    wk 17 a(1).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,084
  • wk 17 b(1).jpg
    wk 17 b(1).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,064
  • wk2 c(1)2.jpg
    wk2 c(1)2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,066
  • wk2 d(1)2.jpg
    wk2 d(1)2.jpg