Fact or Fiction?

Redbone

Reaction score
When using Doctor Lee's Shampoo he emphaticaly states that one should lather up with shampoo for one minute, rinse and lather up again with Dr. Lee's shampoo and let sit for 5 minutes then rinse.

Is this really necessary to lather twice with Lee's shampoo or can you lather with a cheaper shampoo then use Lee's stuff for five minutes?? I think it might be a ploy to use more of Lee's stuff. I go through a $14 bottle every three weeks.

I love doctor Lee's product and lets face it he is a business man as well and the more stuff he sells the more condo's and Ferrari's he can buy.

G

The theory is that the first application of a shampoo displaces the oil and diffuses it around your hair, the second application washes this newly loosened oil/dirt/gime out of your hair.

Dr Lee's stuff needs to sit on your head (much like Nizoral) so the active ingredient can be absobed into your scalp, so yeah it would be wise to do the first part of the your rinse and repeat procedure with the dark green stuff they sell for £2 a gallon in the supermarket and then apply the Nizoral, T/Gel, Dr Lee's etc.

I do this with Nizoral.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My logic tells me that you should use whatever cheap shampoo first, to loosen the dirt and dead skin and whatever, and then use the good stuff. Putting the good stuff on first doesn't make sense to me. How would it get to the scalp on the first lather/rinse? I don't think it would, so I suggest using the cheap stuff first, and "pave the way" for the good stuff second.