FACT!

niknak

Reaction score
One of the first hair loss products I was warned off was Nourkin Man.

Been On Rogain foam for 13 months.

sh*t loads of shedding.

Decided to give Nourkin Man a go.

Been on that two weeks.

Shedding nearly stopped.

FACT!

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
I always cringe when I read these type of posts that impulsively praise dodgy products.....

Yes - I definately agree that foam is not as effective as the liquid (I have been using rogain, both versions, for about 6 years.)

However, I would be EXTREMELY wary when you say (or imply?!) that Nourkin reduces hairloss shedding as a 'fact.' Two weeks is absolutely no time at all to judge whether a hair loss product actually works.

Nourkrin is ridiculously expensive for what it actually is, and I certainly feel confident to label it as a 'snake oil.' A quick search on google shows you how many people have been suckered in to buying it and have forked out $$$ for absolutely ZERO result. (For the record, I have tried it.) From what I have read, the company even has a past record for scamming people back in the 90's with various discredited products (i.e. viviscal.)

In my opinion, when it comes to treating hairloss the only products to buy and use are that of PROVEN success (clinically) AND have a history of a relative degree of success. If you are buying these products 'blindly' and your only research consists of what you read on the manufacturers website (or through advertisers) - your gonna end up burning a big *** hole in your wallet with nothing to show for it.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeahm Norkrin man is the bomb! Its even got "shark cartalidge", thats gotta regrow shitloads of hair, right? :jackit:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
i always cringe when people say foam isnt as effective because its given them a massive shed and they dont ride it out,foam is 85% effective compared to 55% for the liquid!

as for using nourkin for 2 weeks and declaring its stopped shedding,well thats just ridiculous

metalheaddude

Reaction score
lol, i couldnt agree more. Foam causes periods of massive shedding, but the hair always makes a big come back. Its these shedding periods that freak people out. Im used to shedding now, it doesnt freak me out as much as it used too.

I dont know what this Nourkin Man product is, but 2 weeks is no where near enough time to guage if its any good :nono:

It took me a year to realise that foam was good!

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
libertine said:
i always cringe when people say foam isnt as effective because its given them a massive shed and they dont ride it out,foam is 85% effective compared to 55% for the liquid!

as for using nourkin for 2 weeks and declaring its stopped shedding,well thats just ridiculous

If he would have said that he had been using the Foam for 4-6 months, then I would completely agree with you. However, after using it for 13 months and STILL no positive results - I think he is is right to throw in the towel. How long is he supposed to 'ride it out' for before saying enough is enough? Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what I remember the rogaine website claimed if you saw no regrowth within the first 12 months, rogain will not work for you.

For the record, I have been using the foam for about 2 years and have seen no improvement whatsoever. Since making the switch over, I even ended up losing a lot of what the liquid originally regrew.

I have got to admit though, even though the liquid did give me a little bit of regrowth, there is absolutely NO WAY IN HELL I could ever face going back on it!!! It's f**king horrid stuff compared to the foam!!

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
jared_24 said:
If he would have said that he had been using the Foam for 4-6 months, then I would completely agree with you. However, after using it for 13 months and STILL no positive results - I think he is is right to throw in the towel. How long is he supposed to 'ride it out' for before saying enough is enough? Correct me if i'm wrong, but from what I remember the rogaine website claimed if you saw no regrowth within the first 12 months, rogain will not work for you.

i appreciate that 13 months is a long time but if he has seen lots and lots of shedding then i would at least wait until 2 years and see if shedding is followed by regrowth,not everyone responds the same afterall

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Those stats for the foam are missleading, so I've been lead to believe anyway. Has anyone tried using both foam and liquid together as part of their regieme?

I used Nourkrin man extra strength as well for at least 8 or 9 months with no effect. The only reason I stuck at is because I bought it from boots at a discounted price and then got their 3 for 2 offer on it. I bought enough packs to sell the surplus on ebay to pay for the trial. Was of time imo.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard Nourkrin will help maintain hair?

So when people say 'it did nothing for me' do they mean their hair continued to get worse? Or just no regrowth (In which case it maintained, which isn't a bad thing....)

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blanket statements like "liquid is better than foam" are BS because everyone reacts differently. foam's been great for me.