Facts About Hair Transplant.

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have enough balding to get a Hair Transplant at the moment, so I had been looking around and reading about propecia.

However after having read around for a while, and seeing about all the stories of side effects which wouldnt go away etc, I've almost completely been turned off of proscar/propecia as it seems to risky.

So with this said, I was looking into hair transplants for the future if needed. My knowledge of the procedure is fairly minimal, I know hair is taken from elsewhere on the head and transplanted to a bald part.

But I find it odd that, if there are less risks in the long run, why are so many people opting to try propecia etc before looking into hair transplant?

Is this merely a financial issue? Or are there other reasons people want to avoid a hair transplant?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Because a lot of Dr's advise people to get on propecia before a H/T, it's not a must, but highly recommended, especially for younger patients

I don't know what you have been reading about propecia, but trust me, if it was as bad as you think it is, why do Dr's across the land prescribe it. There is a very vocal minority when it comes to propecia and it would be a shame if you lose alot more of your hair because of of unproven scare stories...i'm not saying there are not some sides for some people, but what some people don't seem to realise is that there are side effects to literally every drug on the planet.

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Because a lot of Dr's advise people to get on propecia before a H/T, it's not a must, but highly recommended, especially for younger patients

I don't know what you have been reading about propecia, but trust me, if it was as bad as you think it is, why do Dr's across the land prescribe it. There is a very vocal minority when it comes to propecia and it would be a shame if you lose alot more of your hair because of of unproven scare stories...i'm not saying there are not some sides for some people, but what some people don't seem to realise is that there are side effects to literally every drug on the planet.

I was willing to accept side effects, it's just the stories I hear of people experiencing sexual dysfunction and never getting rid of it after half a year on the drug.

If there was any way I could take propecia, see how I reacted to it and then decide to continue or if need be, quit, before whatever side effects I got (if any) were permanent, I'd try it and hope for the best.

But I've read of people getting side effects after 1 month and not getting rid of them. Changes to the physical appearance of the penis and testicles - Very off putting stuff.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Curious108 said:
But I've read of people getting side effects after 1 month and not getting rid of them. Changes to the physical appearance of the penis and testicles - Very off putting stuff.

:roll:

Curious108

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Curious108 said:

From users here, none the less :roll:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Curious108 said:
s.a.f said:
Curious108 said:

From users here, none the less :roll:

yes well we have a lot of idiots here (im not one of them no matter how much Admin insists i am ) :shakehead:

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First take anything the poster "MEW" says with a grain of salt as he RUNS a propecia side effects and website and is sure Propecia is the root of all evil.

You never said how old you are but without Propecia a LOT of people will run out of donor hair. A hair transplant (especially before age 40) without using Propecia is a big risk.