Fadgus's Story - (21 Years Old thinning at the front)

fadgus

Reaction score
Well, I guess i'll give a quick story. Noticed that I'm losing hair around age of 18-19, but I'm suspecting that it started earlier. All throughout highschool I kept my head shaved so I probably didn't notice it happening, but on some pics from that time I do notice that my hairline was receding a bit. I did get a few comments about my hairloss a year or two ago, but I didn't want to mess with finasteride at that age and I'm definitely not the person that's going to apply minoxidil twice a day. I am actually not that depressed about my hairloss but its obviosly a little troubling, I don't look bad with a shaved head, but I look better with hair plus I love to go to rock and metal concerts so I need that hair once in a while. So here I am, turned 21 this year and I've gotten some finpecia from InHouse and starting yesterday I've been taking .25mg. I think I've read somewhere that its better to start at a smaller does and then go up so that the body gets used to it little by little. I've also been using Nizoral 1% for my dandruff about 3 times a day, so I've got 2/3 of the "big three" covered, and like I mentioned earlier I won't mess with rogaine, If finasteride doesn't work than I'll just have to join the bald brotherhood. I'll attach some pics soon just need to find my camera.

Btw guys, is it better to go up to .5mg and stay there or to go up to 1mg of finasteride? Is there a huge difference in effect?

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 Years Old thinning at the front.

You are just like me regarding the regieme and thoughts regarding rogaine.

I think you shouldn't use the 1% 3x a day .. rather get the 2% and use it 3 times a week.
Starting at .25mg is a great idea and I have always planned to do this atleast for one month and watch how i respond to it closely in regards to side effects, if nothing i will up it to .5 and leave it there for hopefuly a long time.

Keep us updated dude, i want to know how you go

fadgus

Reaction score

Managed to take only one good pic before my batteries died, clearly my hairline receded quiet a bit, but considering that its been receding for about 4 years I think its still good. No real problems in the back, may be a little thinner but under regular light its not noticeable at all.

Attachments

• P1010331.JPG
    P1010331.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 237

fadgus

Reaction score

Just a little update. 1 week and 5 days on .25mg finasteride, no serious sides yet, had my right nut hurt a little for a few minutes and got a few headaches the first few days right after taking finasteride, but nothing serious and I think they've stopped.

Just a question, I see some guys saying that .25mb is just as effective as taking 1mg finasteride. But this doesn't make any sense to me, since everybody would take .25mb instead of 1mg if it was just as effective and save a lot of money. Can anyone clear this up, how much difference is there between 1mg and .25mb (not in milligram but in % of effectiveness), I want to move up to .5 next week and may be to 1mg 2 weeks after that, but if there's not much difference I would stay at .5mg.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

fadgus said:
Just a little update. 1 week and 5 days on .25mg finasteride, no serious sides yet, had my right nut hurt a little for a few minutes and got a few headaches the first few days right after taking finasteride, but nothing serious and I think they've stopped.

Just a question, I see some guys saying that .25mb is just as effective as taking 1mg finasteride. But this doesn't make any sense to me, since everybody would take .25mb instead of 1mg if it was just as effective and save a lot of money. Can anyone clear this up, how much difference is there between 1mg and .25mb (not in milligram but in % of effectiveness), I want to move up to .5 next week and may be to 1mg 2 weeks after that, but if there's not much difference I would stay at .5mg.

From what I can tell, 1mg is what it takes to effectively block dht..I don't really see the point in taking any less or more since it would just be a waste of time and money. I have 5mg proscar wich i break up into 4, so I overdose a bit and have had 0 sides.

If it's the sides you're worried about man, don't sweat it at all, they are pretty much non exhistant for 98% of people who take the drug for male pattern baldness. Then when you think about all the other things that could cause these sides in 2 out of 100 men aside from the finasteride, you'll see that there is hardly a thing to worry about.

I really don't know a whole lot of facts about the difference in effectiveness with the dosage below 1mg, but it just makes sense to go with 1mg the way I see it.

-DH

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
I think finasteride is going to work really well for you. You still have a bunch of little hairs in the front and finasteride will thicken them up nicely. Your'e lucky you caught it early.

fadgus

Reaction score
To Die_Hard:

No, i'm not afraid of sides at all, its just that I figured, if .5 will be almost as effective as 1mg, then why take more?

To cleverusername:
Thanks for encouragement, i sure hope it works for me. If i could just keep what I've got I'd be pretty happy, if I could regrow some on the temples I'd be the happiest man alive! :punk:

fadgus

Reaction score
Well, its been exactly one month since I started taking finasteride. Two weeks in I raised the doseage to .5mg and plan on keeping it there. I do notice some occasional testicle ache but that's about it, no other sides. Don't see any noticeable difference in my hair but i guess I'll have to wait a lot more. Btw, when I said I'm using Nizoral 3x a day I meant I use it 3 times a week. My brother had a bottle of 2% nizoral so I've tried that and did not like the smell of it at all, so I'm sticking to nizoral 1% I love the way it smells.

fadgus

Reaction score
Crap... today I noticed that I needed to go take a piss somewhat frequently, at first I thought it was only my mind, but dude I'm watching a movie right now and I've already taken a piss like 4 times while watching it. I think its the finasteride, but what the hell, wouldn't that thing happen like gradually? Instead everything was good like up until yesterday or so.

fadgus

Reaction score
False alarm you guys, today my piss routine is fine. It was probably that energy drink that contains like 350mg of caffeine that did it.

fadgus

Reaction score
Ok, a little update. 5 weeks on finasteride, don't see any difference yet, but I got a haircut yesterday which makes it easier to monitor the progress, so I'm uploading the photo.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 199