Fanjeera's story -- age 17, Regaine (5%) for 8 months

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Alright, I discovered I was balding, when I was 15 years old. Of course i started worrying immediately, because I know it was serious: the father side of my family is completely bald too. I bought some vitamins, because my doctor wasn't able to suggest me anything better. I then ate some stuff that made my nails stronger and C-vitamin I think. I also started using thistle root shampoo balsam. I started using Regaine (5%), when I was 16, despite the fact it's not allowed for children. I just couldn't understand, what a 1ml dose of alcohol and some other strange liquids can cause to my health as long, as I don't swallow it. At first it didn't do anything, then I started suffering from horrible dandruff and itching, which may cause some more balding, because I have to itch my hair. I was completely sure, that it's another bullshit medication. But then, after a few weeks or a month maybe, I discovered small hair on my temples (that's where I started putting it). I have been using Regaine for eight or nine months now and the new hair is more than 1 cm now. Although, it's very thin. I still haven't got rid of the dandruff and itches, but I have got used to it and am using some other medications to fight it. I still see many hair fall from my head, especially when I comb it or wash it. I do these procedures as infrequently as possible, but it's difficult, because I have always owned a longer haircut and I still try to keep it now. In school time I wash my hair 3 times a week and comb it in the mornings. Sometimes I just flush it with water. Oh, and I also use thistle root oil, which makes my hair grow really fast, but I'm not sure, if it makes me less bald. I'm planning to move to Propecia right, when I turn 18, and stop taking Regaine, because it would get really costly, (that's only 10 months now, but unfortunately I have noticed that barely only some chemist's shops sell Regaine now here in Estonia), but I have read, that it causes mental fog, which I am really afraid of. I am not gonna give my brain to my hair -- that's for sure, because I have always been one of the kids in the class who are able to attend to contests.
I really don't want to lose my hair. I like it: it's curly, looks special and different in its own way and holds in the way I want.
What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for me, how to fight my hairloss? Should I start using Propecia or stay on Regaine only? What can I do more, without paying money? Is there a chance for me in the first place, if the men from my father side of the family are all bald?
Thank you!

P.S. I only just registered and am very happy I found a forum like this. I really hope to get help here.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,425
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,433
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,437

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Re: Amarant's story -- age 17, Regaine (5%) for 8 months

Hi and welcome!

The best thing to fight this with is the Big 3.

1. Rogaine 5% applied twice a day. (once in the AM and once in PM)

2. Propecia once per day.(or Proscar quartered) Propecia is Finasteride 1 mg and Proscar is Finasteride 5 mg.

3. Nizoral 1% or 2% shampoo. (Shampoo hair and leave in from 5 - minutes then rinse)

Use this combo for a year and then evaluate! I am sure you will get alot of other good input here too. Good Luck! :punk:

tamburali

Reaction score

use multivitamin
especially b1-b6-b12-zinc
and biotin about 2 mg

Fanjeera

Reaction score

I can't use Propecia and Regaine both. They cost so much. But maybe i should cut the Propecia doses into eight? I am definitely thinking of taking vitamins. Oh, and isn't Nizoral just an anti-dandruff shampoo?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score

No, Nizoral actually has anti androgenic properties which is actually equivalent to using Rogaine 2%. It is a good addition.

tamburali

Reaction score

you have no terrible hair losing

you can use rogaine once a day and 0.5 ml per a day is enough for you

so you can use 3 months supply rogaine 1 year :punk: and you can use it a year

for example my hairs as good as you(maybe better :) ) i am using about 0.2-0.4 ml twice everyday.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

I've been using up to 1 ml twice a day. I don't think it would be good to lower the dose now. Actually, atm I am applying only 0,5 ml, but still twice a day.

G

PropeciaJunkie said:
No, Nizoral actually has anti androgenic properties which is actually equivalent to using Rogaine 2%. It is a good addition.
Rogaine has no anti androgenic properties.

G

Amarant,Minoxidil can give excellent results with once a day usage.Get on propecia and use kirkland minoxidil once a day,It is cheap as dirt.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score

Davidoff said:
PropeciaJunkie said:
Rogaine has no anti androgenic properties.

I know, I may not have stated it as well as I should. The results from the Nizoral study shows that using Nizoral will regrow as much hair as Rogaine 2%. not that Rogaine is an antiandrogen it is only a vasodialator.