Fast Shedding after the use of monoxidil 5% solution

Chaudhry

Reaction score
i am using Minoxidil 5% Solution from about 3 weeks but now i am experiencing a horror scene in my washroom when i found bunch of hair in my hands and towel after each time i wash my head.. what should i do? should i stop using treatment immediatly?

gsk

Reaction score
Did you noticed major difference current shedding from pre-minoxidil shed?

Don't worry, most of it comes back.

Chaudhry

Reaction score
@ gsk: first of all thanx for the reply.
well the major thing noticed after the use of minoxidil (3 weeks) is the increase in shedding, like its about 100+ hair falling after normal wash.
can u please tell me what is the maximum time limit of this shedding which is due to the use of minoxidil.
and as u said most of shedded hair'll be back. means it might be less in numbers but hopefuly a bit strong & healthy?

gsk

Reaction score
well its hard to say how long it lasts....some ride it out very quickly and for others it lasts long...just dont count hairs...take pictures instead and wait atleast 6 months tee see the results.

Add Finasteride to your regimen it should halt your hairloss while minoxidil adds some regrowth.

You were saying that you shed around 100+ hairs after applying minoxidil....how many did you noticed before using minoxidil.

Chaudhry

Reaction score
yes i'll take pictures, its the best way to examin the result!

i was just reading about the side effects of Finasteride, seriously i am confused!

well Norwood shedding is 100+ before maybe half of this..