faster hair growth with finasteride?

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed one thing after using finasteride... i had a hair cut exactly 1 day b4 i started on finasteride.. and after exact 1 month mark, i feel that my hair grown faster than they normally used to... like i wud have long hair on the sides and back and shorted on the top.. but this time they are quite long on the top as well..
what does that mean here?? is this normal?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it probably means the product is working! DHT not only affects the strength, thickness and quality of your hair, it starves it so much that it often grows slower. No more DHT = no more starvation = faster growth.... sounds like you might have some good results.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
It could also be seasonal. Everyone has that major "Fall Shed" around october and things could very well be growing back in right about now..

HairLossTalk.com

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Warrior101 said:
I have noticed one thing after using finasteride... i had a hair cut exactly 1 day b4 i started on finasteride.. and after exact 1 month mark, i feel that my hair grown faster than they normally used to... like i wud have long hair on the sides and back and shorted on the top.. but this time they are quite long on the top as well..
what does that mean here?? is this normal?

Thats definetely one thing that I noticed too after using my treatments. Although it took a little bit longer then that. The hair on top, the balding areas, grew in much faster and much healthier then before when the hair follicles were dying.

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
well the thing that worries me is that im going through a massive shedding period.. the hair i lose are long healthy and have no white bulb in the root....

also when i feel my hair, the hair at the back and sides are so dense but the top is like just covered... im hoping that the hair i lost during the sheds wud come back.. otherwise im so screwd.. :eek:

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed my hair growing less. Since starting finasteride, i've gotten my hair cut usually the same day I get my prescription refilled since I go home to get both. As of the end of month three, my hair is shorter than I remember it being the first two months...might have just gotten my hair cut shorter this last time though.