fatehasmebald's story - (age 23, recession - Pics)

Fatehasmebald

Reaction score
whats up gentlemen, male pattern baldness runs in my family as my grandfather on one side was bald and all of my uncles on the otherside(3) are bald also. my father and brother are not, lucky bastards!

Im 23 and as long as i can remember ive always had a very "light" temple area and a deep hairline. About two years ago my girlfriend told me that my crown area was thinning, i blew her comment off, until recently i bought a vanity mirror to observe myself. She was right and i admitted to myself that i am indeed going bald, very slowly but it is happening. I figured i would, but not this young.

0514070211.jpg

0514070210.jpg

0514070151a.jpg

0514070151.jpg

0514070149.jpg

Im very active, i workout 3-4 times a week and being young my libido is rather important to me. Im very iffy about tweaking my hormones with propecia. As of right now i think im on the edge of looking like i have hair as to where if i lost anymore i could not pull off my hair style and actually look balding.

I think i just need to take the dive and try say 1mg of propecia EVERY OTHER DAY as ive read its still effective and cuts the side effects down.

Any knowledge,opinions,bashing,comments,advice. routines or products you recommend are welcome i have thick skin. Thanks for reading

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
theres a very low rate of having your libido affected by propecia. really low. plus you maintain a healthy lifestyle. I doubt you'd have problems and if you did your body would get used to it and the unwanted side effects would dissappear. your hair looks like it could be maintained and if i was you id start on propecia and rogaine. believe they could save your hair

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia every other day is a waste of time. Just take it daily.

G

For your agressive hairloss I rather advise Avodart. Also make sure to use Rogaine foam or Spectral DNC, since you need regrowth.

G

I see the Avodart suggestion very often... but have you ever thought that it can be impossible in some countries to get avodart for treating hairloss? For example here in Finland you can't get a prescription for dutasteride to treat hairloss. It's finasteride or nothing.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
The guy is a perfect candidate for Finasteride (for maintenance) and Minoxidil (for regrowth) and Nizoral or Copper Peptides (for reduction of inflammation).

I can only encourage you to get on the treatments I've set out above. I've been on them all for well over 4 years now and like you, I'm healthy, active and my libido is very important to me. 98% of people have no problems.

Get on it, both you and your girlfriend will thank you.

Def

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

Def said:
The guy is a perfect candidate for Finasteride (for maintenance) and Minoxidil (for regrowth) and Nizoral or Copper Peptides (for reduction of inflammation).

I can only encourage you to get on the treatments I've set out above. I've been on them all for well over 4 years now and like you, I'm healthy, active and my libido is very important to me. 98% of people have no problems.

Get on it, both you and your girlfriend will thank you.

Def

I don't think finasteride alone is enough for his hair loss.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: fatehasmebald's story (Pics)

really not that bad man. i'd try just finasteride and nizoral for awhile and see if you can maintain, then consider adding minoxidil. side effects can be pretty heinous, but it's worth a try. the far majority who experience sides return to normal after cessation of the drug.

G

looks like diffuse nw3. i'd go to a derm and get a script for finasteride and use rogaine foam and nizoral twice a week for a year and see how you do. take pictures at least every 2 months.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

treeshrew said:
really not that bad man. i'd try just finasteride and nizoral for awhile and see if you can maintain, then consider adding minoxidil. side effects can be pretty heinous, but it's worth a try. the far majority who experience sides return to normal after cessation of the drug.

You don't think he needs minoxidil to fill the temples?

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

I should say that combination of minoxidil and finasteride will be good.
minoxidil for temple
finasteride for maintenance

RaginDemon

Reaction score

k3nn7i said:
I should say that combination of minoxidil and finasteride will be good.
minoxidil for temple
finasteride for maintenance

I agree, regrowth on the temples is not easy, I don't think I will ever grow back to my NW1 hairline...its been gone too long.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

Good luck bro...

RaginDemon

Reaction score

well my goal is just to maintain and thicken up a little, I am not greedy at all.