FDA Busting ALL 15% Minoxidils? EXPIRY DATES of product?

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks as though both perfect image solutions and, most recently, minoxidil max have gone the way of Richard Lee/minoxidil solutions. FDA bust.

Does anyone have 'expert' knowledge of 'use by/expiry' dates for 5% and 15% solutions similar to Xandrox (minoxidil and azeliac acid)?

Dr Lee's generally had around a two year expiry period on the label.

'Dr Park' had no labels, but in an email reply wrote to me: 'Well over a year, closer to two years'.

Does anyone have 'expert' knowledge on whether it makes a difference if stored differently, or once opened?

What did 'Perfect Image Solutions' say on the bottle. I have no knowledge of their products?

Any comments would be gratefully received.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn! I just bought MM and like it. What do we do now? I had a feeling this would happen.

How come dr Klein is still in business?

Wolforius

Reaction score
Erm, where exactly o you buy minoxidil from at the moment? Just Rogaine? They are all getting shut down. Any suggestions?

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Could this be Rogaine trying to shut down all of the competition? Can these companies sell 5% minoxidil legally?

franky123

Reaction score
I doubt that. There are so many generic minoxidil 5%, equate, kirkland, walmart. These got shut down because some reported them on Amazon. Theres another post i created that describes everything.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am convinced that the drug companies that sell minoxidil legally put pressure on the FDA to do this. It is not out of the realm of possibility that they are testing or creating their own extra strength version to perhaps corner the market someday.

tempo78

Reaction score
This really sucks, what alternatives do i have now when am allergic to PG? Minoxidilmax was perfect for my scalp and did not mess up my hair like rogaine foam does. Anyone know where i can get 5% minoxidil without PG?

Cassin

Reaction score
tempo78 said:
This really sucks, what alternatives do i have now when am allergic to PG? Minoxidilmax was perfect for my scalp and did not mess up my hair like rogaine foam does. Anyone know where i can get 5% minoxidil without PG?

rogaine foam

thats it

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
tempo78 said:

rogaine foam

thats it

Cassin, can I suggest that you start a post for those moving to Rogaine foam, from minoxdil 5%, 10%, and 15% (all with 5% azeliac acid) now that the FDA seem determined to stop these latter products? PG and no PG need to be differentiated, of course.

Cassin

Reaction score
I would but I think it works better if a user does it. If a mod does it people assume its some official thing and it tends to die faster. Weird but thats how it goes.

franky123

Reaction score
When you search for 15% minoxidil, nothing shows up anymore on either ebay or amazon. They've all officially shut down.

jkman1

Reaction score
I am so upset they shut down Dr. Lee first and now minoxidilmax. I was a loyal customer to Dr. Lee for many years. I just went to purchase more minoxidilmax and it is gone. Now I am forced to use rogaine or rogaine foam which leaves my looking terrible and embarrassing after application. I just wrote an email to the FDA about this because all they are doing is hurting people not helping them. These sites were legit and really helped thousands of men and women. Does anyone know of any other good site to purchase minoxidil from?

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems parts of the site are still up.

I emailed Leslie and notified her that the homepage wasn't working prior to knowing about the FDA bust and she replied: "Thanks for lettting me know. Will get it fixed." :dunno:

I think I am gonna make my own quick-dry minoxidil. I found a supplier with all the stuff I need. Just need to find some powdered minoxidil!

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
TheShopKeeper said:
Huh? MinoxidilMax shutdown? I just put an order in yesterday and just got a shipping notification today.

I had used the following address that I had bookmarked for ages: http://www.minoxidilmax.com/product.shtml.

I had no idea it was shutdown. Should I be worried?
I talked to Leslie at Minoxidilmax as it was about to be shut down. Their site was already removed but I contacted her through the email address and Amazon. She said they would take orders until they were forced to shut down. I ordered 5 bottles and got a shipping notification as well. I wouldn't worry. I think we just beat the deadline.