Feeling too tired after gym

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a problem with recovery after working out.

I had a session in the gym on Tuesday, and as usual I pushed hard. The next morning, I had absolutely no energy, I was like a zombie for most of the day.

I think I need to improve my stamina and endurance, so I'm gonna start running outdoors.

Normally the only side effect I have from the gym is that I don't wake up unless I sleep 8-9 hours the night after a work out session. I normally sleep 6-7 hours.

oni

Reaction score
Do you eat after training and if so, what do you eat?

Do you get a restful 7-8 hours sleep?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Take your protein 3 times a day with a lot BCAA.. this is the key... eat 6 times a day.. you have to never feel hungry. Minimum 8 hrs of sleep.. Funny because I always feel pumped after the gym because of the testerone boost.. push harder at the gym!

s.a.f

Reaction score
How old are you? hate to tell you this but it does get harder with age.

oni

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Take your protein 3 times a day with a lot BCAA.. this is the key... eat 6 times a day.. you have to never feel hungry. Minimum 8 hrs of sleep.. Funny because I always feel pumped after the gym because of the testerone boost.. push harder at the gym!

Eating 6 times a day.........please show me the science behind that.

Eating all this protein and branched-chain amino acids, we do not know what his goals are......................... :whistle:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
I found the reason why I felt so tired this week. I've been taking some pills that make me dehydrated. I do drink plenty of water, but my lips are constantly dry. I might take a week off sports. I was supposed to go to the gym today, but I gave it a miss.

I do take vitamins & minerals. I try to eat something after gym as well. Sometimes, I get a bottle of Powerade, that makes a difference, I think the Americans call it electrolite or something similar.

I'm 33 and I know it gets harder with age :) The early 30s aren't so bad. When I was younger, I used to stay up all night to meet the deadlines, but now I don't have the stamina for that. Last year, I had to do 3 night shifts per month, and I would be f*cked up the day after.