feenix101's story update

feenix101

Reaction score
Hey guys, i want to thank everyone for all the information you've provided to help each other out! I've been a lurker for a couple months after I had to get over me denial about my thinning hair, i my hairline hasn't changed a bit, but it was the diffuse thinning that's was playing tricks in my mind for awhile, I've always had thin hair to begin with so I've always shrugged off seeing my scalp as nothing new. I'm 21 soon 22, and if I had to make an honest guess that i started thinning maybe spring 2006, but reality hit me last Christmas when i really thought about my family background. My dad went bald when he was a young guy, but his options were limited back then, so he's been wearing a hairpiece ever since, and personally, i do not want to get into that situation, either i put up the hard fight with the information and drugs/chemicals available, or go bald gracfully and proudly show off my coming skin cap with no fear! After a few weeks investigating some really bad products I found this site! So happy ever since, cause you guys really gave some directions I could take and actually take a stand against my male pattern baldness. Last week, I went to the Doctor, for a bad flu infection i had, he prescribed some antibiotics, and asked about propecia, and said sure and gave me a prescription for it also. I could've gotten a generic or something cheaper, but this way I know I have the real deal and forget any doubts it being fake. In the next coming weeks I'm going to be upping my fight with nizoral, and see the progress in a year, and check if i need to up the fight with some bigger guns. But right now I feel great inside for once that I'm actually trying to do something about my thinning, all I can say is thank you guys, I'll try to get some pics soon and track my progress here.

G

Hey feenix,

congrats on finally facing the truth that you are balding. I was in denial of my hairloss for almost 2 years and it cost me a lot of hair.......

If you are scared of Fakes but still want to save some money you might try out Proscar. You simply cut into 4 pieces and you have 1.25 mg of finasteride almost the same as in Propecia but in the end much cheaper since Proscar is only slightly more expensive than Propecia.

Good Luck mate and keep the pics coming!!

feenix101

Reaction score
Here's a recent pic of my hair. I usually never buzz it, but since it's winter and i was tired about toques messing up my hair i buzzed it for convinience, after that i REALLY noticed how much it has thinned :shock: . So right now i'm in the process of growing it long again. I hope finasteride might at least thicken this out a little, but i'm patient and will give it at least a year. Any suggestions is appreciated!

feenix101

Reaction score
Ya, i definitly am going to try to get a prescription for proscar, just makes more sense! oh ya, it's been 27 days, so far no sides, did notice some shedding in the last 2 days, alot more then usual, which has me happy that it might be the finasteride working. :)

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Feenix,
Do you have any other area where you are thinning. That photo is kind of hard to judge from. Good to see you on the forum.

barcafan

Reaction score
pologuy514 said:
Hey Feenix,
Do you have any other area where you are thinning. That photo is kind of hard to judge from. Good to see you on the forum.

Definetly looks like the top, which is lucky for him.

depress

Reaction score
you've got really good hair at the moment. But its not the hair you have, its how you yourself perceive it, and i guess thats all that matters. sooo the drugs can help. make sure you look at all the risks of propiecia. Most drugs cause people to OVERestimate their sides. Because we are guys we tend to UNDERestimate propecia because its a low blow for us. Rogain is a no brainer works well and apparently its relatively safe

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't go for minoxidil... you should probably go down the propecia road because it gets to the cause of hairloss. It benefits will also last much much longer than minoxidil.

Peace...

feenix101

Reaction score
hmm....i dunno if this means anything. BUT, i've always had a little tiny spot on the very front of my head where no hairs would grow, just next to next right temple, and an inch from the hairline, and its about maybe a 1/4" circle of nothingness. nothing until recently, just started noticing 5 little hairs poking out of this spot, but i don't want to look too deeply into this cause its still early, but i've never had hairs in that empty void before, i've always thought it a was a little scar, but hair doesnt grow on scars does it?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair still looks quite thick everywhere except the top. By that, I mean the front and sides are still quite dense. I'm happy to see another person on the same regimen as me (finasteride and nizoral). I have one bit of advice that even now, I'm finding hard to follow. Don't ever think about giving up until you've been on it for a long time. Your hair may get worse before it gets better, but the only way to tell if it will get better is to stick with it.

Goodluck and keep us all posted on how things are going.

feenix101

Reaction score
quick update!
As expected, no real changes overall except i'm still growing out my buzzcut and looks crappy ATM. 2 things I should note, this past week my hair and scalp have been feeling incredible! I did have scalp pain/itch when i wore a toque and moved my hair around, but now, NOTHING! 2nd note, an update on my last post about those little hairs growing on that tiny spot, theyre still growing. Also i've been seeing more of these thin hairs coming out all over scalp area, nothing substantial, just tiny vellus hairs that i havent seen before. I'll keep the updates coming and some pics in at 3 months.

feenix101

Reaction score
it has now been 3 whole months since i started my regimen. Everything seems to have stabilized which I'm very happy with, no regrowth that I can see, but i haven't taken pics for over a month now since I lost my camara, as soon as I get my new cell phone I'll post a quick pic update. If all I get is maintenance, then I'll be very happy with that. I have been noticing I've been shedding alot more hair this last week, I'm just going to have to ride it out and stick to propecia like glue for the whole year. Later guys, and good luck with your regimen!

feenix101

Reaction score
ok, so its been 6months now, ill get to the point:

Without pics I'll try to explain in detail. My overall hair QUALITY has improved noticably, when before it would lay flat and lifeless on top it's now fuller. About a month ago I had it cut shorter then normal, like a #3 on the sides and #4on top, and when it grew in, the top didn't lay flat like before, it was "poofy" and healthy. I wouldn't say I've experienced regrowth, but like jaywalker and a few other success stories, I've experienced a reversal of the miniaturized hairs that was already there. I still shed quite a bit, it seems as though it comes in phases, like a couple weeks of shedding, and then a couple weeks of nothing and then it comes back, but when it's shedding it doesn't look cosmetically different. I still religiously use nizoral every third day and I continue to exercise and enjoy my life as much as I can. I do have days where I feel down about my hair and think it's much worse then it is, but those days are getting fewer and fewer.

Side effects: Nothing really to report, libido is good, boners on demand, if anything they're more then before treatments because I was really depressed and in the dumps with hairloss, and wasn't aroused by anything in life. Now I'm more confident and upbeat with life.(which is why i don't come on here much anymore cause some people remind me of how I was before)

To sum this up, Propecia is working for me and for those who haven't tried it, TRY IT and give a good 6-12month run, I didn't expect regrowth,and still don't, so don't aim for the moon with your goals, all I wanted was to keep what I had. If I never found this forum, I probably would have been very discouraged with the shedding I've experienced and would've given up, but I knew to hang in there cause of HairLossTalk.com and I'm glad I did. I'll keep updating, and I can't promise any pics, I'm just too busy, but who knows! I might get another cellphone, but i might not, my life is hectic as it is without one! All I can say is, go out, party hard, dance like no ones watching, and keep yourself busy and soon hairloss is the last thing you think about when you step outside. :fun:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dude you got great attitude and I am happy that Propecia is doing its job for you. GL and thank you for the upate bro!