Few questions about my receding hairline

loken

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm 22. First of all, I would like to ask one question. I have a receding hairline. The hair is receding from front but I don't feel there is hair loss in crown. There is also itching. But this itching always starts two days after washing my hair. There are visible white things in my hair. I assume this is dandruff. Could this be other type of hair loss (not male pattern baldness)? Cause of iron deficiency, malnutrition etc? Also I shed more hair in last two months than previous years combined. There were also few sudden white hair on sides of my head. Could this be attributed to stress?
Yesterday I've been to dermatologist. I told my symptoms and he briefly looked at my scalp. He didn't ask for any blood tests and said it is because of dandruff and recommended me selenium sulfide (2 time a week) and Claritine (10 pills, 1 pill a day for 10 days).
I'm thinking to begin to use Nizoral. What do you think, guys, can I alternate between selenium sulfide and Nizoral? Should I use 1 or 2 %?
Proscar and Propecia is the same drug? Propecia is very expensive for me. I saw someone write Proscar is far cheaper than it. I'm confused about whether Proscar and Propecia are the same drugs or not. When I google Proscar almost all results are about Propecia.

Can someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance. Also, sorry for my English as it isn't my native language :)

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is male pattern baldness. Nizoral will be good for your dandruff. Use twice a week and no more. 2% is better but 1% will work fine too. Proscar is the same drug as propecia, but a larger dose. Buy a pill cutter when you buy proscar and you can cut the 5mg pills into fourths which will be the proper dose. Take one fourth of a pill daily. This way it is cheaper than using propecia

loken

Reaction score
Thanks for answer. I'm planning to take proscar+nizoral 2%.

Also does male pattern baldness really cause itchiness in scalp? As soon as 2 days pass, my scalp becomes too itchy. The only way to stop it is to wash it again.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for answer. I'm planning to take proscar+nizoral 2%.

Also does male pattern baldness really cause itchiness in scalp? As soon as 2 days pass, my scalp becomes too itchy. The only way to stop it is to wash it again.

yes lots of people experience itching with male pattern baldness

loken

Reaction score
Thanks for answer. I think I have to begin the regimen.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to ask one question. Can receding hairline be the result of not combing my hair for many years? I can style my hair with hands that's why I have never used a comb.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Can receding hairline be the result of not combing my hair for many years? I can style my hair with hands that's why I have never used a comb.
... No. Hair loss has nothing to do with combs. Or gel. Or hair clips.

loken

Reaction score
Yeah, starting Nizoral 20 mg/g today. Planning to start finasteride and minoxidil.

Hairbackpls

Reaction score
I too have those white things in hair and itching. Read my story. They are hardened sebum that is caused by overactive sebaceous glands that is caused by male pattern baldness i think.

Ketonazole shampoo helped a bit