Fighting DPA

n1ckk

Reaction score
Hi !

i am a 21 year old guy from Denmark and i am balding gradually since i was 19 years old.

Ever since i was a kid, i had these huge temples (like NW2), but the thickest hair you could propably imagine. I remember my haircuts untill a few years ago the barder always asked me if it was okay to thin the place out a little bit.

but around october/november 2008 i got caught with extreme scalp itch. My scalp was covered with white flakes and sebum-like stuff. When i scratched it ( and beleave me this, i scratched alot) flakes would end up all between my hairs, giving gross looks on peoples faces when they noticed.

By the time i never took the step to consults a dokter or dermatoligist. My mom told me it would be just temporarely and she bought me a bottle of head and shoulders and some vitamin B. Which actually didn't helped except for taking the itch away for a little bit

the biggest shed took place between may 10 - january 11.

I went abroad for my internship and didn't had much money, i wasn't able to afford a healthy balanced meal, so i pretty much ended up eating junk food for eight months. By the time i was leaving i had lost about 50% of my hair, leavin me with some kind of horseshoe pattern between my temples. I also had alot of bleeding noses, which was the effect of iron defficiency ( yes, i consulted a doctor for that.)

Now i am on propecia for 5 months and on minoxidil for 3 months. Can't really tell if it is benificiall for me or not. The shedding stopped about a month ago and i have no itch or excess sebum whatsoever.

I think i see some minor change/improvement now, the hairs that are still there are much thicker and healthier. but i think the overall haircount has dropped and the nw3 took form into nw4, still no bald spots but between 30-40 % of originall thickness. Hairlines is also OK.

I think that this might be the aftermath of the shedding together with alot of stress ( i am in my final exams, and having a bit of stress because of personal matters)

I think i have DPA, and they say that meds like propecia and minoxidil are only working for about 50% of these people with DPA. I have seen some new little hairs on my right temple, it gradually growing into nw1, even better than it used to be. But still hair is see trough execpt when i am styling it in a ''Caesar' with very little wax.

Also,

Thank god there is Dermmatch, it is doing a great job for me and i can style my hair without any sign of baldness, cons are that it only works indoor or shortly said anywhere but outdoors on a sunny day, it would just look 'fake'. But its a great help for a date or party. But after all i feel like i am lying to people tryin to hide my baldness with 'paint'.

The only thing for me to do now is to wait and hope for the best :)

Greets to you all.