Fighting hair loss...the journey begins today

hairdoctor

Reaction score
I've started losing hair since I was 16. It was quite heavy in the beginning and then was dormant for about five years. It started to pick up pace about four years ago right about when I started to go to the gym (possible connection?). Anyway, I was on propecia 1mg/day for about six months when I was 23. Started noticing decrease in libido and was spooked, so discontinued that. Now I'm 27 and started noticing a shiner on the crown. As a last effort before giving in to a hair transplant I started using Minoxidil 5% liquid twice daily since a week and Biotin 10,000mcg daily.

Is there still hope? What do you guys think? Any suggestions or words of encouragement will go a long way for me. :)

Mail Attachment.jpgMail Attachment 2.jpgMail Attachment 3.jpg

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I'll give propecia a try again and see how it goes as long as it doesn't affect the little guy.

If it is that small I am sure the women won't mind you losing your libido.

hairdoctor

Reaction score
Third week update on minoxidil 5% and Biotin 10,000mcg. Shedding has stabilised a bit. Hoping for new hair growth. Religiously sticking to minoxidil twice daily.

IMG_3377.jpg

hairdoctor

Reaction score
Fourth week on minoxidil and starting to see hair and scalp are a bit healthier. What do you guys think? :)

IMG_3431.jpg