Fighting Hairloss for the last 4 years

VarunS

Reaction score
My hair started thinning about 7 years ago but not until 4 years back did I start taking some action. This is my main regret. I was prescribed just minoxidil to start with by my dermatologist for the 1st year. With this I was a little inconsistent, not applying it more than once a day. After a year he prescribed finasteride (generic version called finax available in India) & nizoral. I have continued taking these for the past 3 years with irregular applications of minoxidil until now. While I haven't had any re growth, my hair loss has significantly slowed down. I think starting on the BIG 3 as soon as possible is the best thing one can do to fight hair loss. My only sides from finax has been watery semen. Just a few things I would like to add: My grandfather, from my fathers side is bald, my father has extremely fine hair and since its grown long his scalp cannot be completely seen. Father started balding probably in his 40's, grandfather in his 20's and I have had fine hair since I can remember, its never been thick. Have added a bunch of different pics, the rain/ dry/ styled are from today.

Attachments

• got wet in rain2.jpg
    got wet in rain2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 205
  • got wet in rain1.jpg
    got wet in rain1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 195
  • dried hair1.jpg
    dried hair1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 209
  • styled hair1.jpg
    styled hair1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 215
  • goa.jpg
    goa.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 217
  • short hair.jpg
    short hair.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 209
  • short hair2.jpg
    short hair2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 213
  • saber.JPG
    saber.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 204

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

It may be a regret but not as huge as mine. You got lots of more hair than me and it looks fine. I can see you lost hair but still manageable and not bad to look at. Take care of it cuz you will cry when it's gone :p

I spent too much trying to think what could be wrong with me instead of just getting on the drugs. Glad that you didn't end up like me. ;)

VarunS

Reaction score
Thank you friend. Wish you all the best as well. I wanted to share my pictures so others with diffuse hair loss can have a better idea and will keep updating every few months.