Fina 4,5 years

Melvinpoorter

Reaction score
Hello here is my fina story, sorry for my englisch

I started at 4,5 years ago, exactly at october 1998.
First 5, 6 months my hairloss became worser by day. Then after about 6,5 months hairloss decreased. My hair was very well until 3, 4 months ago. My hairloss increased, first i thought it was stress But now i know the fina isn't working for me anymore.
I never had side-effects until the last months. Now i have a decreased libido and less erections.
Most of the time on fina my body has been in a good shape so i don't think it has negative influence on my muscles. I also had a little acne over the last years. But not very much.

Now i'm planning to go for duta. Hopefully duta works better and longer for me.

bombscience

Reaction score
Seems like the range of finasteride commonly comes out to be 5 years. Is this true with most?

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to bring this topic to the front of the list because I'd like to know if this is true. I have been on Propecia for 3 years now and have been going through a nasty thin over the last few months.

Does anyone know if Propecia can lose its potency after a few years?

Whammy

Reaction score
i wonder if spironolactone can take it's place....tough dilemma because I wanted to buy spironolactone now but, maybe it's best to wait a few years if I find the finasteride isn't working.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm on 5 years now and I think it is not working either as both frontal and crown are taking a severe beating.

djApolloCreed

Reaction score
Everybody's different. Do you think anyone on only finasteride for three years with positive results would be frequenting these forums? They're back to real life.
I'd say its possible for it to lose potency for some. Based on other posts on here, try spironolactone or dutasteride to up the ante.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Try my regimen .Remember finasteride only inhibits just one not the two like dutasteride .Perhaps dutasteride will give complete protection not like finasteride .

Bismarck

Reaction score
Kevin fretwell said:
Try my regimen .Remember finasteride only inhibits just one not the two like dutasteride .Perhaps dutasteride will give complete protection not like finasteride .

Kevin, how many dutasteride do you do into a minoxidil bottle ?