Finacea works but it can be expensive.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin Mann did a video on it and he didn't seem to think it was all that great, and certainly compared to other treatments it won't give you insane results as compared to super responders to RU or minoxidil, but I have done very well on it.

The benefits:

- is proven to inhibit the androgen AND IGF-1 receptor which can be a largely overlooked vector of harm to hair

- has an antibacterial action and comedolytic (anti acne) function to keep your hair follicles from getting inflamed

- from my experience absolutely will help people with a slight to moderate sensitivity to androgens regrow hair

The drawbacks:

- it can possibly do mitochondrial damage, thus it is not something you can use for years and years which I won't be

- it can be quite expensive, I buy it cost reduced on my prescription medical plan but otherwise it may be cost prohibitive due to its moderate efficacy

- it must be used as an adjunct therapy to other medications. You will likely not be able to coast on this alone, but is quite useful in treating igf-1 related hair loss as a stop gap until the problem can be properly addressed

It's up to you as to whether you want to try it, but if you can get it on the cheap, it absolutely does work.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin Mann did a video on it and he didn't seem to think it was all that great, and certainly compared to other treatments it won't give you insane results as compared to super responders to RU or minoxidil, but I have done very well on it.

The benefits:

- is proven to the inhibit androgen AND IGF-1 receptor which can be a largely overlooked vector of harm to hair

- has an antibacterial action and comedolytic (anti acne) function to keep your hair follicles from getting inflamed

- from my experience absolutely will help people with a slight to moderate sensitivity to androgens regrow hair

The drawbacks:

- it can possibly do mitochondrial damage, thus it is not something you can use for years and years which I won't be

- it can be quite expensive, I buy it cost reduced on my prescription medical plan but otherwise it may be cost prohibitive due to its moderate efficacy

- it must be used as an adjunct therapy to other medications. You will likely not be able to coast on this alone, but is quite useful in treating igf-1 related hair loss as a stop gap until the problem can be properly addressed

It's up to you as to whether you want to try it, but if you can get it on the cheap, it absolutely does work.
I was hoping you would go into this since you mentioned finacea.

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lately I'm interested in azelaic acid, used in conjunction with minoxidil acts as a Shh agonist. However i found that it inhibits keratinocytes differentiation, I don't know if it can affect hair.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't plan on being on it a long time, my estrogel is getting here soon, but that is interesting, I've been using it since about august and my hair has only seemed to improve thickness wise.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Azelaic acid was being used thirty years ago with minoxidil by Dr. Lee. Talk about re-inventing the wheel. If it worked well, wouldn't we all be using it? After that, and sometimes with that, Lee added topical spironolactone to these formulas that usually carried between 12 to 15% minoxidil. They were more efficacious than 2 percent or five percent but the spironolactone stank and I don't think that the azelaic acid was deemed efficacious enough and I think it was dropped in favor of the spironolactone cream. We are talking 1995 or so, so memories fade but if someone wants to try a golden oldie, then polysorbates are available on Amazon. My feeling is that azelaic acid is similar to palmetto in that it sort of does a little something but eh, for most people just not nearly enough but I hope it works. My point is that there are about say, 50 things that might work or sort of work and about five that definitely work. I am focusing on those five since nobody can do 50 different treatments although I see some guys with stacks that go well past ten meds. Holy not-synergistic, Batman!