Finally a treatment working for me

ReserveBank

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

23 yrs old here. Diffuse thinning. Occassional reader of the boards. Been thinning since 18 rapidly.

Used minoxidil, worked well last year. Stopped it, hair fell out like a wh***, started using it again, brought it back to reasonable.

Reasonable means I don't look bald, but thinnn. Hair started shedding again and thinning probably because I missed minoxidil treatments hair and there (using it once a day only at night) plus not as much. 1mL as opposed to the 2mL when i first started.

Thought fcuk, need some antiandrogens to help here. So this is what I did

Bought MooGoo.. good sh*t, has Pir. Ol. just as good as Keta. 500mL

Added: spironolactone, Vit B6, Zinc (with Retin A and Magnesium), Biotin and Fish Oil (for linolenic acid)

Used that in conjuction with consistent 1.5mL minoxidil nightly for 4 months.

Hairs thickening all over.

Enjoy.

ReserveBank

Reaction score
By the way... If you have acne and want to use minoxidil... it works wonders if you use Roaccutane.. low dose though 10mg a day.

High roaccutane will kill your hair.. low dose does f*** all.

This is cause high dose stops your liver from producing biotin.. if your paranoid, take biotin supplements... but USE ROACCUTANE LOW DOSE if your using minoxidil.

Cause its Retin A and will help absorption. Also the oil produced on ur scalp blocks minoxidil from hitting the follicles. I used this 2 yrs for 3 months my hair thickened so damn quickly, then stopped, then hair fell.

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
so when you say diffuse thinning does that mean you have thinning on the entire scalp like diffuse unpatterned alopecia? also have you tryed propecia?

ReserveBank

Reaction score
Yep. Thinning all over.

Btw, don't use Propecia if your diffuse thinning. Propecia is for male pattern baldness not diffuse, it makes diffuse hell of a lot worse.

Why? Diffuse thinners cop the ugly end of Type 1 not just Type 2. I took Propecia, broke out in badddd acne and hair loss accelerated.

Internal spironolactone? I might as well get breast implants. spironolactone topically although has systematic absorption cant do sh*t cause its activity dies too quick.

ReserveBank

Reaction score
Davidoff said:
You dont know what the f*** your on about.

First of all, suck my c0ck you German ballmuncher.

I know what Propecia did to me, and I know what it did to my first cousin also diffuse thinning, same sh*t lots of acne and increased hair loss.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
ReserveBank said:
Davidoff said:
You dont know what the f*** your on about.

First of all, suck my c0ck you German ballmuncher.

I know what Propecia did to me, and I know what it did to my first cousin also diffuse thinning, same s*** lots of acne and increased hair loss.

:laugh:

I think your combo looks promising at first glance.

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
ok guys i think your thinking of dpa not dupa, im talking about a condition where your entire scalp thins out diffuse unpatterned alopecia, i donno where someone got the type 1 and type 2 dht crap, its like your talking about avodart.

all i can say to you guys is, like my mother i have diffuse unpatterned alopecia and the weird thing is that im a guy, ivve tried propecia for 8 months which i think did nothing, all it did was give me rash and hives all over my body.

im now thinking about rogaine

ReserveBank

Reaction score
No man.

I use 5% minoxidil by itself once at night.. i apply like 1.5mL or 2mL if im angry.

All that crap i crush and mix really well in the moogoo shampoo. Shampoo 5 times a week.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
you're wrong about diffuse thinning and propecia... some of the best success stories i've seen have involved just that.

Yes it seems some people experience an acceleration on propecia, some of them are diffuse some aren't. Most likely down to reflex hyperandrogenicity it seems, although of course with something as complex as hairloss it could be any number of factors. bottom line, propecia has the potential to help all types of male pattern baldness, diffuse or otherwise.

just out of interest how long did you use propecia for before stopping?

Glad you've found something that worked for you though!

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
i donno where people get there sources from round here, if your diffuse hairloss is caused by dht then the minoxidil will not stop that from affecting your hair, all minoxidil does is keep the blood flowing healthily around your follicle and possibly expanding it and keeping it open so it may last longer or possibly grow thinker hair, but no one is certain about how minoxidil works yet.

everyone should research from this website: http://www.baldingblog.com

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
stjimmy said:
i donno where people get there sources from round here, if your diffuse hairloss is caused by dht then the minoxidil will not stop that from affecting your hair, all minoxidil does is keep the blood flowing healthily around your follicle and possibly expanding it and keeping it open so it may last longer or possibly grow thinker hair, but no one is certain about how minoxidil works yet.

everyone should research from this website: http://www.baldingblog.com

Well, actually no one really knows how minoxidil works - just as you said. All that is really known (apart from theories about pottasium channels etc) is that its a growth stimulant which doesn't actually address the issue of scalp DHT - and therefore its presumed, probably correctly, that it doesn't address the balding process. People go on to state that the follicle is being damaged by DHT if you use only minoxidil. Perhaps this is correct, certainly the hair grown or kept with minoxidil appears to become dependent on it only. I'm still very interested to know if one can ween off minoxidil at some low rate while using a DHT blocker and then retain that 'minoxidil hair'. So far I haven't heard of anyone that has done this.

If you respond well to finasteride then you will generally grow more hair and thicker hair whether your pattern is diffuse or not.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
zxAddict said:
I'm still very interested to know if one can ween off minoxidil at some low rate while using a DHT blocker and then retain that 'minoxidil hair'. So far I haven't heard of anyone that has done this.

Something I am also intrigued by.

I read an interesting quote somewhere (can't for the life of me remember where) that suggested nicotinic acid N-Oxide/pyridine-N-Oxide (such as found in prox-n and nano shampoo) might be able to prevent minoxidil dependant hairs from shedding after quitting. Of course at that point you've just switched one pain in the arse topical for another... but what would be interesting is whether over time the hairs would stop being dependant upon minoxidil, thus allowing you to ween off the N-Oxide, since those supposedly don't develop dependant hairs.

Frankly it's beyond my level of scientific understanding, but I find it an interesting possibility at least.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, this should be of interest to just about everyone because there are not many growth stimulators out there, minoxidil being the mainstay. So if you want to grow back (significant) hair rather than just maintain with DHT type products we need to incorporate a stimulant. But then it would be very nice to maintain that newly grown hair with just the DHT blocking/inhibiting type products.

In the ask an expert section at the Revivogen website they talk about weening off minoxidil while maintaining Revivogen treatments. However it feels a bit sketchy to me - like this method hasn't really been tested at all and it feels more like guesswork to me.

G

ReserveBank said:
Yep. Thinning all over.

Btw, don't use Propecia if your diffuse thinning. Propecia is for male pattern baldness not diffuse, it makes diffuse hell of a lot worse.

Why? Diffuse thinners cop the ugly end of Type 1 not just Type 2. I took Propecia, broke out in badddd acne and hair loss accelerated.

Internal spironolactone? I might as well get breast implants. spironolactone topically although has systematic absorption cant do s*** cause its activity dies too quick.
What an arse.Dont use propecia if your diffuse thinning? You are a moron.You do realise that stupid comments like this confuse people on this forum? :stfu:

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
What are doing to keep your spironolactone shampoo from going bad?

I crushed around 60 tablets of spironolactone and chucked them into my moogoo thinking I was onto a good thing until about 2 weeks later when it started smelling like rancid dead person. Which was about the time I decided to stop putting it on my head.

What are you doing differently cap'n?

JonnyX

Reaction score
Where do you get moogoo shampoo and spironolactone? I don't have diffuse thinning but my density in my frontal scalp is taking a beating and I need to try something additional. I'm on minoxidil and propecia already.