finally got the Transplant

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got the surgery with Dr. Keene on the 25th and the 26th. I have been trying to be super careful so as not to dislodge the grafts, but last night I think I might have slept on them. There was no blood or hair on my pillow, so do you think I am in the clear as far as dislodging the grafts? I am super paranoid since i spent a fortune. I do not want to mess it up. Any experience or knowledge is welcomed

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the well wishes. its starting to itch really bad, but im stoked. it's nice to just have hope that i will have hair, even if it will take awhile. i had 2400 grafts place on the front and a 1000 on the crown. swoop, does the new transplanted hairs grow a little before they fall out? just curious

shookwun

Reaction score
Grafts are completely secure of being dislodged at 9 post operation.

By the 6th day they are pretty much full proof also. If their are no surface scabs then by day 6 it's 100%

make sure you spray the hell out of your grafts with the ATP spray followed by saline solution to help minimize how much surface scabs form. (Scabs on the hair formed by dried blood is normal)

graft-anchoring-fig10.gif

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the well wishes. its starting to itch really bad, but im stoked. it's nice to just have hope that i will have hair, even if it will take awhile. i had 2400 grafts place on the front and a 1000 on the crown. swoop, does the new transplanted hairs grow a little before they fall out? just curious

Yeah man, now is the hardest part for you and that is the wait. You really gotta be patient.

Yes the hairs visually lengthen a bit and then almost all of them shed after.

Did you have FUE or FUT?

worrywart

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the fut. I can wait as long as I know they are all in there. Sleeping scares the **** out of me because I m so afraid of knocking out the grafts

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How did you sleep on top of your head? lol Just kidding. If I remember right you had an FUT but you should sleep in a reclining chair and not in a bed, you want to lay back and keep your head up but on a pillow so you don't have swelling, also to protect the grafts. I am surprised it took them two days to do 3500, they must not have many techs. I am going in for my second hair transplant so will be in the same boat. Keep the new grafts moist so they don't dry out for too long, that is the main thing. I have a spray bottle of Tricomin Follicle Spray to do that.

The grafts don't grow, they are in shock, They stick around for about 10 days to 2 weeks then drop the hairs and hibernate. They will come back out about 10% a month for up to a year. Just be patient. The grafts should be safer to mess with on the 6th day. It is better to be safe than sorry. Do a very light shampoo without gauze starting day 6, before then you have to have gauze and only do a very careful patting shampoo. You also want to wash the FUT scar very well to keep it clean earlier if possible. Day 5 you can sleep in a bed flat again.