STTRD

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's my story, been receding since i was about 14 (now 20). Nothing really heavy tho, i would consider myself an Norwood 2- maybe even 1,5 if i wouldnt have such a wide head. Anyway i started finas 1mg about 2 months ago and it feels like i am shedding more hair. I also use omega 3 supplements, high dosage vitamin c and b, multivitamins + mineral supplement and Regenepure DR + NT. I am hoping to keep whats left, maybe even thicken op the thinning hairline a bit, i dont need regrowth. I am happy with the line i have got. I got nice thick hair overall, the temples are annoying me since i was 16, cause i couldnt do the nice haircuts my friends got. Got a really nice haircut now, the top is longer than it used to be and the sides shorter, which makes my wide head kinda disappear to the background. Anyway, just needed to share my story or something, cause i cant tell anyone else because its kinda embarrassing. No one knows about my battle against this awfull condition called Androgenetic Alopecia. I am also looking for advise, does anyone know when i should expect stabilisation of my hairloss? and on how well finasteride works on men my age?

Thank you for reading this,

Just another guy battling the same bs as you

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair was worse a 2 mo. It was around 3.5-4 that it started to get back to where I was. Keep in mind, this may be mental in that you are likely giving your hair more attention than you used to. I'm pretty sure I was.

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
I can only go off my experience personally. When I started propecia in June 2014, in the first 2 months my hair loss got a little worse. When august rolled around I started seeing actual progress. The results and time it takes is different for everyone so its not an exact science.

No matter what youll probably always lose hair, even when your seeing progress.

STTRD

Reaction score
Thanks for replying guys, this kinda answers my question. Really can't wait so see some progress man. Does anyone know how well finasteride works on people who are younger, with about an Norwood 2. Its not receding superfast, since i have been receding since i was very young.

Last edited:

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
there are people on here with way more knowledge then me so Im sure they will chime in if Im wrong. I dont believe it matters what age you are. Whats more important is how soon you start propecia after hair loss starts.