Finasteride 3 Months Results: It Works

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a little background: I'm 30, balding since 23. Started balding really bad/diffuse thinning at 28 (2015). Used minoxidil 5% for 2 years (2015-2016). Had great results, regrowth and made me grew face beard. In January 2017, minoxidil just stopped working. Lost all my hair I got from minoxidil. Started taking finasteride 1mg per day (and still continue minoxidil) in February 2018.

My results with 1mg Finasteride per day and Minoxidil 5% 2 times a day:

About the photo: All are taken during night time in my room. Compiled it in MS Paint. No adobe photoshop edits. No filters. No lighting/brightness/contrast adjustments. Plain photo on my Sony xperia phone lol.

BSfkvhm.jpg

It's slow, but it's visible. And I'm just only 3 months in.

Good sides:
-Stopped my hair fall shockingly. I used to wake up everyday with like 20 strands of hair in my pillow which is disgusting. Now all I see is literally 0. None. The most in 1 week is 2 strands

-Made my hair stronger to combing and massaging. I used to have lots of hair fall whenever I comb or when I touch my hair in my fingers. Now it never happens anymore, unless it's forced

-Bringing me back my confidence. Just the feeling that you have taken the 1mg finasteride in the morning makes me feel at ease and have peace of mind knowing it's working on my body.

Bad side effects:

-Sudden random ball ache for 6-10 seconds, but after 2 months it all goes away.

-Slightly low libido during the first 2 months, which I consider good for me coz I'm a heavy masturbater like 5-6 times a day which is really depressing me out. But now all side effects seems gone and I enjoy masturbating more just 2-3 times a day.

My regimen:
1mg finasteride 1x a day
5% Kirkland Minoxidil extra strength 2x a day
Multivitamin tablets with Vit. A, C, D, B-complex, Zinc
Eat-more-fish diet (3-5 servings of fish every week)
No specialized shampoos: I use whatever is there in our bathroom lol

That's pretty much it. Let me know your comments.

Last edited:

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats. What ethnicity are you. Looks like asian from the pictures. I've read alot of stories with asian responding well to finasteride.

I'm a heavy masturbater like 5-6 times a day which is really depressing me out. But now all side effects seems gone and I enjoy masturbating more just 2-3 times a day."

Holy, consistently everday? You may need dusteride to get it down to 1 time a day( I kid, sort of).

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats. What ethnicity are you. Looks like asian from the pictures. I've read alot of stories with asian responding well to finasteride.

Holy, consistently everday? You may need dusteride to get it down to 1 time a day( I kid, sort of).

Thanks. Yes, I'm Filipino. Unfortunately dustasteride is not available anywhere in my country. And I have no time to order and ship it overseas

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a little background: I'm 30, balding since 23. Started balding really bad/diffuse thinning at 28 (2015). Used minoxidil 5% for 2 years (2015-2016). Had great results, regrowth and made me grew face beard. In January 2017, minoxidil just stopped working. Lost all my hair I got from minoxidil. Started taking finasteride 1mg per day (and still continue minoxidil) in February 2018.

My results with 1mg Finasteride per day and Minoxidil 5% 2 times a day:

About the photo: All are taken during night time in my room. Compiled it in MS Paint. No adobe photoshop edits. No filters. No lighting/brightness/contrast adjustments. Plain photo on my Sony xperia phone lol.

View attachment 87640

It's slow, but it's visible. And I'm just only 3 months in.

Good sides:
-Stopped my hair fall shockingly. I used to wake up everyday with like 20 strands of hair in my pillow which is disgusting. Now all I see is literally 0. None. The most in 1 week is 2 strands

-Made my hair stronger to combing and massaging. I used to have lots of hair fall whenever I comb or when I touch my hair in my fingers. Now it never happens anymore, unless it's forced

-Bringing me back my confidence. Just the feeling that you have taken the 1mg finasteride in the morning makes me feel at ease and have peace of mind knowing it's working on my body.

Bad side effects:

-Sudden random ball ache for 6-10 seconds, but after 2 months it all goes away.

-Slightly low libido during the first 2 months, which I consider good for me coz I'm a heavy masturbater like 5-6 times a day which is really depressing me out. But now all side effects seems gone and I enjoy masturbating more just 2-3 times a day.

My regimen:
1mg finasteride 1x a day
5% Kirkland Minoxidil extra strength 2x a day
Multivitamin tablets with Vit. A, C, D, B-complex, Zinc
Eat-more-fish diet (3-5 servings of fish every week)
No specialized shampoos: I use whatever is there in our bathroom lol

That's pretty much it. Let me know your comments.
Your fapping.way to much. Could.have contributed to your hairloss. And definitely will lead to depression. Moderation is the key of life .find a good balance

abcdefg

Reaction score
Should have started on it 5 years ago. Imagine how much hair you could have kept! Good to see good results though probably much more typical than what you see in this forum.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Not so smart to masturbate 5-6 times a day when ur prone to balding. I know many people here claims there is no truth to it, but if i masturbate even 2 times a day for a period it always ends up with bad shedding.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not so smart to masturbate 5-6 times a day when ur prone to balding. I know many people here claims there is no truth to it, but if i masturbate even 2 times a day for a period it always ends up with bad shedding.

Lol, yeah, that's why I mentioned that I was actually happy that it lowered my urge to fap 5-6x a day. I was disgusted and getting depressed about it. I do it now just 2-3 times lol

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should have started on it 5 years ago. Imagine how much hair you could have kept! Good to see good results though probably much more typical than what you see in this forum.

Thanks. Yeah, if only I could turn back time, I'd take finasteride along with minoxidil when I first used it in 2015. It made no sense using minoxidil without a dht blocker like finasteride though I gained a lot with minoxidil alone back then.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good progress my man, you're definitely a good responder. Looking forwards to your subsequent updates!