Finasteride And Pregnancy Any Harm Associated?

Adam Simon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Simple question: If my wife is pregnant and I take finasteride but we don't have sex, are there are any risks posed to our unborn child? I.e. Can finasteride be absorbed through sweat/saliva etc?

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Simple question: If my wife is pregnant and I take finasteride but we don't have sex, are there are any risks posed to our unborn child? I.e. Can finasteride be absorbed through sweat/saliva etc?

I highly doubt that, and if it did the amount in your sweat or saliva would be almost non-existent, therefore it would have no effect on your baby whatsoever. As long as your wife is not taking finasteride, the baby is okay.

If you are weary about this though, you should contact a nurse or doctor for advice.

g.i joey

Reaction score
The only risk associated to pregnant woman is coming in direct contact with the pills, some people conceive healthy children with propecia tainted sperm

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only risk associated to pregnant woman is coming in direct contact with the pills, some people conceive healthy children with propecia tainted sperm
I had my daughter all the while being on finasteride and she is 3.5 and perfectly fine

dinajafer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking finasteride all along my pregnancy, and it didn't affect my child or me in any way. I was very scared of taking any kind of pills while pregnant, so I searched, read lots of articles, and analyzed any side effects before getting on medication. I searched for the side effects of finasteride, and they aren't in any way close to pregnancy and everything related to it. However, I made sure to check everything at the doctor too. The ultrasound of a 5 week pregnancy assured me that I didn't struggle with anything anormal so don't be scared and keep using finasteride if you need to.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
I had my daughter all the while being on finasteride and she is 3.5 and perfectly fine

My male partner is taking finasteride. Should they stop taking finasteride before we try to become pregnant?

Your partner should discuss the benefits of taking the medication and any possible harmful effects from not taking it with their healthcare provider before deciding to stop treatment. If a person decides to stop using finasteride, it takes an average of 2 days for almost all of the drug to be gone from the body after the last dose.

Snowbaby

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're welcome! It's always good to be cautious and well-informed. While the likelihood of finasteride posing a risk through sweat or saliva is low, it's still a good idea to practice good hygiene and ensure your wife avoids any direct contact with the medication. For more detailed guidance, your healthcare provider can offer the best advice tailored to your specific situation.

heatkelly

My Regimen
Reaction score
The risk of finasteride affecting the baby through sweat or saliva is minimal, but it's still wise to maintain good hygiene and ensure your wife doesn't come into direct contact with the medication. For more detailed advice, your healthcare provider is the best resource to tailor guidance to your specific situation. Keeping updated on general health and medication safety during pregnancy is also important. For example, understanding the effects of other medications and treatments, like the Pfizer COVID vaccine, can provide valuable insights. Here’s a helpful link for more information: https://femia.health/health-library/your-cycle/health/pfizer-covid-vaccine-lawsuit/. Wishing you and your wife a healthy and safe pregnancy journey!

4o