Finasteride at the airport

Deaner

Reaction score
What's it gonna be like getting my finasteride past the checks and everything since it's a prescription drug and everything. Or will it be easy to get past 'em? Any tips on getting it past them if necessary?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
What's it gonna be like getting my finasteride past the checks and everything since it's a prescription drug and everything. Or will it be easy to get past 'em? Any tips on getting it past them if necessary?

Unless youre carrying boxes of the stuff dont worry about it. They do realize that people bring their presription medication with them when they travel.

Deaner

Reaction score
I also don't wanna have to answer what it is though, to my own embarrassment. I realize I'd be allowed to bring it with me, but would I have to answer what it is?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have flown about 100 flights since 9/11 and not once has security looked through my carry-on at my prescription medication.

My shoes, however, are a different story.

Deaner

Reaction score
I haven't flown in a while, so do they look through all your bags and your shower kit and everything?

G

Deaner blind them with science, if they ask, tell them it is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor.

If they then ask what is it for, tell them it is to reduce blood serum dihydrotestosterone levels.

If they press you further on why do you take it, tell them you have a high level of blood serum dihydrotestosterone.

If they stay with it and ask what do high dihydrotestosterone levels do to you, tell them "all sorts of sh*t, enlarged prostate, libido issues, alopecia, water retention, you name it"

This should be enough, but if they continue with their questioning, start to dribble then collapse to the floor twitching, that usually does it for me.

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
Deaner blind them with science, if they ask, tell them it is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor.

If they then ask what is it for, tell them it is to reduce blood serum dihydrotestosterone levels.

If they press you further on why do you take it, tell them you have a high level of blood serum dihydrotestosterone.

If they stay with it and ask what do high dihydrotestosterone levels do to you, tell them "all sorts of sh*t, enlarged prostate, libido issues, alopecia, water retention, you name it"

This should be enough, but if they continue with their questioning, start to dribble then collapse to the floor twitching, that usually does it for me.

BAHAHAAHA after you twitch dont forget to sh*t yourself ot make it look more authentic

Deaner

Reaction score
Thickest area of hair on the head.

Oops, meant to create a new thread.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hoping said:
tynanW said:

BAHAHAAHA after you twitch dont forget to sh*t yourself ot make it look more authentic

LOL

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:

I have brought a single box of Merck proscar in from the middleeast 2 different times with out so much as a question.

I took it out of the box and put the sealed packets in with my shaving cream, mionox, nizoral, tooth paste ect.. I do not declare it on my customs form. So far no problems, my carry on was not inspected except for the x-ray scans.

My plan if it were found was to say it was for BHP and explain what that is when asked. That way if they called for an expert opinion proscars own label use would be confirmed. Plus if the customs agent happened to be bald or balding, I would be there an hour talking about hair loss. :roll:

drinkrum

Reaction score
You people are paranoid. No one will ask you about your finasteride. Even if they open up your bag, they won't ask you about it. Unless of course you've decided to sprinkle a little cocaine on your blister pack.

D.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah no problem here when I I have flown. I kept mine in my regular suitcase as opposed to my carry on bag and no one ever asked me anything.