finasteride/dutasteride Itching causes Shedding?

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i dont know atm what to do with my situation.4 Months ago i started finasterid topically on my scalp. after 1 Month i also added dutasterid to my topical mix.Well now since 2 Months i ve an increased shedding(before any treatment i didnt have so much hair in my hand). I also noticed that my head started to itch really and i could pull out my hair easily.
For now ,i lost ground on my temples and overall thickness. most ppl say they get decreased itch from finasteride/dutasteride but i just got itch from that. I dunno if i shell continue getting them on my scalp or just maybe switch them for RU or sth like that...

here a recent pic of my temples:

http://epvpimg.com/u0YWf

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To be honest I never heard of finastride topically. The best is to take it oral. Maybe it is better to switch finasteride/dutasteride topically for RU and/or a pgd2 inhabitor. Either way you need to take action fast.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Well some ppl get their itch away after using propecia or sth like that . But before any regmen i didnt even had a real itch ..now it started.

Yeah think im gonna go for RU ,looks better then pgd2.

But some also said dutasteride+ru should be the best combo..so dunno if i still should take dutasteride

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well some ppl get their itch away after using propecia or sth like that . But before any regmen i didnt even had a real itch ..now it started.

Yeah think im gonna go for RU ,looks better then pgd2.

But some also said dutasteride+ru should be the best combo..so dunno if i still should take dutasteride

Yes, it is important to always have a dht inhibitor in your regimen. So dutasteride+ru is better than ru alone.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't finasteride/dutasteride useless unless it is processed in the liver (which obviously cant happn when you apply it topically)

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Isn't finasteride/dutasteride useless unless it is processed in the liver (which obviously cant happn when you apply it topically)

technically dutasteride + RU + oral spironolactone +minoxidil would be best regimen

Yeah, I am going to follow that regimen in about a month. but it is risky tough.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score

not really. Since many of the androgen rezeptors and 5ar is in the scalp ,ur able to block them without going in the liver .
If its not working i would get any sides guess..

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
The major of the 5ar in the scalp is 5ar Type I..... Sry but it seems that u know **** about male pattern baldness.
Min+ "topical finasteride+dutasteride (wtf LOL)"+ dermarolling+ nizx3/week... and u r wondering why ur scalp is itching like hell...again LOL.

Most People don't know the difference between MICROORGANISM-INFLAMMATION and IRRITATION-INFLAMMATION..
Go with ORAL finasteride(or dutasteride) + min + nizoral and spiro5% for ur hairline if u want, and stop taking yourself for a chemist.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
im using nizoral like 1 x week and i didnt dermaroll now for 6 months...LoL signature is old

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
whats the point of using finasteride topically if you are using dutasteride topically? If they even work in the first place?

charliesia17

Reaction score
Im currently using oral propecia for a month now sometimes it also feels itchy but cant do anything about it. Im also in a shedding phase so lets just be hopeful that it will grow back.