finasteride eternal shedding, now try Dutas?

kypro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been on Finasteride for almost 2 years and that whole time I have shedded huge amounts of terminal hair and it has made my entire head diffusely thin.

I started it only because the front was thinning a little. Now I am thin all over and losing hope. The shedding has never abated and so I am throwing in the propecia towel.

However - is it worth trying dutasteride?

or will the shedding effect be magnified all the more?

If so, Dutas will be suicide, but I am thinking of trying it because of its different mechanism of action it may not cause the same issue as finasteride>?

Any advice appreciated

John

Pondle

Reaction score
It has the same mechanism of action - it outcompetes testosterone to bind to the 5AR enzymes, thus reducing your levels of DHT dramatically. The main difference between finasteride and dutasteride is that the latter has an affinity for both types I and II or the 5AR enzyme, whereas finasteride is selective for type II.

Some people report shedding with the 5ARI drugs and others don't. I never had any - but I shed like billy-o thanks to minoxidil.

I would make sure that you have been using genuine finasteride before deciding to jump to dutasteride.

oni

Reaction score
What about the Foam..................................... :wink:

This might help along with the dutasteride.................................