Finasteride eternal shedding

kypro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I began finasteride in December 2005 fearing SLIGHT frontal thinning. The rest of my hair was extremely thick.

However, the shedding was so bad at the beginning that it was literally "raining hair" when I applied hair product etc. From all over my head. So I reduced to a smaller dose but was probably quite inconsistent in my dosage given the challenges of breaking up pills.

This continued until this July when I noticed that now my ENTIRE head is EXTREMELY thin all over...diffuse...and a lot of miniturization is present so I guess male pattern baldness has attacked my whole head in its course.

So i amped it up to 1mg and the shedding continues. Without finasteride, I hardly shed at all.

So far 1 month on full 1mg and shedding shows no signs of abating.

should I ditch propecia or is there a chance that if i am consistent in taking 1mg, I just might slow down shedding?

Who has experienced long term shedding then an eventual cessation?

Thanks in advnace

john

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you quit finasteride in there somewhere? If not, how can you be sure that you don't shed with it at all? It's possible your starting it just coincided with your baldness progressing aggressively, and that it has failed to slow it down much (if at all).

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kypro, I'm in your same EXACT predicament. I just stopped propecia today b/c I noticed my hair also has become universally thin since starting....I've been gradually shedding over the months I've been using it but I've never really hit a massive shed where hair is all over my pillow like some people here describe. I just ordered a few months supply of duasteride a few days ago and hopefully that will change things. You should try it too.

I've been on .5mg of finasteride for 6 months. I'm also implementing Revivogen into my hair loss regimen.

kypro

Reaction score
dutasteride...

yes dutasteride might be worth a try? but im just fearful that being already sensitive to propecia could mean dutasteride will be shed suicide?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
u have been on finasteride for over 1.5 years? and continually shedding?