finasteride helped... Minoxidil hurt

G

i originally started propecia in june 04 and after start of first shed
( at 1month) started minoxidil cuz i thought i was losing more hair. When i found out that shedding is good from this site i stopped using the minoxidil. Now 7 months in on propecia everywhere i didnt use minoxidil is coming along better. Where i did use minoxidil its getting worse. Will the minoxidil applied area eventually catch up or have i fucked up royally and should not expect imrovement in that area

G

Also i should say that i used 2 % for a month and 5% for about 3/4 of another month till i found this site and the wealth of great info. Advice much appreciated

The Gardener

Reaction score
With minoxidil you shed when you start, and shed when you stop... but your hair should recover in the coming months to the state it would have been in if you never touched the stuff.

dave2004

Reaction score
Temples,

Just wanted to mention something,

When I started finasteride I started to notice i a swelling in my chest (man boobs) I thought I had gyno. I also still get that tingly feeling you mentioned.

However,

I started doing a little more excercise and try to watch what I eat, and the size of my chest looks normal to me now and I have managed to tone up so it looks even better than it did before finasteride.

I am not sure if it was due to my excercise that my chest swelling stopped or whether the initial side effects if finasteride settled down, or maybe even when I started to get fit it stopped playing with my mind.

Just though it would be worth mentioning this as I see a lot of people who start finasteride post about gyno.

Good luck.

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
so I've always wanted to know how big the man boobs get. I have manboobs, but only because I do pushups and do a lot of excersize, and I think they're muscle man boobs, and they look good. Do propecia manboobs look bad?

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dave2004 said:
Temples,

Just wanted to mention something,

When I started finasteride I started to notice i a swelling in my chest (man boobs) I thought I had gyno. I also still get that tingly feeling you mentioned.

However,

I started doing a little more excercise and try to watch what I eat, and the size of my chest looks normal to me now and I have managed to tone up so it looks even better than it did before finasteride.

I am not sure if it was due to my excercise that my chest swelling stopped or whether the initial side effects if finasteride settled down, or maybe even when I started to get fit it stopped playing with my mind.

Just though it would be worth mentioning this as I see a lot of people who start finasteride post about gyno.

Good luck.

Thanks for your input. However, there is NO WAY I'm ever going back on finasteride. I hope to God this gyno sh*t is reversable. Luckily, I've caught it pretty early so maybe when I lose some weight it will look better.

Dr. Lee even mentions on his site that the reports of gyno from finasteride are much higher than Merck reports. I don't think gyno sides should be taken lightly at all. I've people get "scared" of finasteride, so be it.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
Temples said:
Thanks for your input. However, there is NO WAY I'm ever going back on finasteride. I hope to God this gyno sh*t is reversable. Luckily, I've caught it pretty early so maybe when I lose some weight it will look better.

Dr. Lee even mentions on his site that the reports of gyno from finasteride are much higher than Merck reports. I don't think gyno sides should be taken lightly at all. I've people get "scared" of finasteride, so be it.

Did you ever get medical confirmation that it was Gyno? Simply gaining weight in the chest area is not Gyno.

Secondly, where on Dr. Lee's site is the mention of Gyno? I'd read through that site before but don't remember seeing what he had to say about it.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
macdruid said:
Did you ever get medical confirmation that it was Gyno? Simply gaining weight in the chest area is not Gyno.

Secondly, where on Dr. Lee's site is the mention of Gyno? I'd read through that site before but don't remember seeing what he had to say about it.

I'm not saying it's gyno, but it's not just weight gain in the chest either. I know something is seriously wrong. I get strange tingles in my chest area and it's very sensitive. My breasts are bigger. Maybe it's not gyno, but I'm not about to f*** around. My body is telling me something is wrong and I'm going to listen to it. End of story.

I was mistaken about the Dr. Lee thing. They were refering to decreased libido. I still wouldn't be surprised if docs get more gyno complaints than Merck reports though.

G

how did this go from my minoxidil dilemma to someones gyno dilemma?