finasteride: how much to take to minimize the shedding as much as possible?

• Thread starter Beingbaldsucksass
  • Start date
B

Beingbaldsucksass

see im gonna start finasteride,im allready 6 monthes on minoxidil,revivogen,and nizoral, good results, but i know finasteride is the real thing

but i heard about a huge shedding when starting finasteride and its scary as hell to me as i cant hide myself at home or something

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there is anyway to prevent shedding, or at least to make the damage minimal. Probably the best thing you can do would be to buy a concealer so you are prepared for if/when it happens.

From what I've read not everyone will experience the shed. I currently have it pretty bad, and have had it for around 3 months now, which started the first month into using finasteride. When I browsed the forums I thought all of the talk about shedding was about noticing more hair than usual in your hairbrush or in the drain, but I was shocked to look in the mirror one day and notice how thin my hair had become within a month. I can see my scalp now, and just a few weeks before my hair was really thick.

Good luck

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Well shedding itself is not the problem, you shouldn't try to avoid shedding...it's just a question if your hair comes back stronger. finasteride will not speed up your balding, I don't think that is possible.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I'm taking it every other day to cut coasts and also prevent too much shedding

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Riding it out is much more difficult in theory than it is in practice, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

True that.