Finasteride lost effectiveness after 15 months?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 22 and diffused NW6. I've been on finasteride for 17 months and it had slowed my hair loss and my hair line was somewhat intact but two months back I started notice thinning on hair line, top and crown area. Now my hairline is not intact anymore, it has thinned overall and there has developed a large spot on the middle of hair line. Top and crown areas has extremely thinned out.

I've shed heavily for majority of the time after I got on finasteride and in the last two months there's little but not significant increase in shedding compared to before. Two months ago my hair were not too bad compared to when I started finasteride but now I'm balder than ever.

I have searched some forums and people claim to experience temporary sheds every once in a while on finasteride. Do these sheds can thin your hair to the point that you seem to have lost half of the hair compared to pre-shed or is it just finasteride no longer able to slow down my hair loss?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Have any pics to share?

HairForSure

Reaction score
I'm also in the same boat and worried. I started big three regimen during Dec '14 and underwent initial heavy shedding for two months. Later on no hair fall for around 9 months. Now for past one month I experience hair fall while combing and taking bath. I am on big three continuously and the growth of thickening also seemed to stop and I wonder if the effectiveness of big three has deteriorated in my case. Any suggestions on my future course of action?