finasteride lotion working?

kkoo

Reaction score
anyone tried the finasteride lotion, available at genhair.com? i read a posting here few days ago about this general subject, but the opinions were few and mixed. apparently no enough people using this? or is it too new? just asking all that because side effects (gyno espec.) of finasteride. should be much less with topical treatment, right? thx.

SE-freak

Reaction score
That may not be your intention, but you sound like you are advertising.
This is your first post.

kkoo

Reaction score
no add!

if i would advertise, i would do it differently.
i am posting a lot in a german forum called alopezie.de, (i am german). you may look there for many postings on various issues by me: kkoo.
we are currently wondering, what this subject "topical finasteride." is all about. certainly, we are not just interested in the genhair-stuff, but any other similar product too - like the stuff from lipoxidil.com. or even self-made-projects.
se-freak, it is definitely okay to look out for advertisers; i hate them too. it is already difficult enough, to find some truth behind all the "great news on a great new treatment of male pattern baldness", spreading everywhere.

any hints from you, what truth could be in terms of topical-finasteride.?

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that it is of no benefit. In fact, if it were, I imagine topical finasteride would already be in widespread by now.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I think weepy is right. If it worked, loads of people would have been using it for years by now. Finasteride has been around forever. finasteride as a topical seems logical, but.... who knows.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Or perhaps it is just that if it does work it is because it is going systemic, and therefore any lotion is just the equivalent of a weaker oral dose.

Britannia

Reaction score
I suppose revivogen is the closest thing weve got to a topical finasteride. It works in a similar way to the way a topical finasteride would in theory work. Some people have reported success using it.