finasteride/nizoral: only 1 month in, very visible shedding

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on proscar (cut into 1/4th) and nizoral for about a month. I've been noticing some serious shedding (losing tons of hair when I shampoo, my hair is not what it used to be even a month ago), and my hair is getting pretty bad.. I'm wondering if this is my male pattern baldness accelerating or shedding. I think it's way too early for a shedding though.. anyone experience shedding at 1 month mark? :(

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds about right. Mine got so bad I actually shaved it with a razor for like 2 months. Mine was pretty bad to begin with so without pics I don't know what to say.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, that's very comforting to hear. I'm obviously in this for life, I just needed to make sure that this wasn't unusual.

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
can this happen 2 years into taking finasteride? because i had no shed but am shedding now and as said been on fincar for over 2 years?

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
i seem to be shedding alot round the front, will this grow back because it wont be long before it becomes noticable :sobbing:

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
replies plz need to know ore about how long a shed wll last and will i get regrowth or just maintain and have to live with the loss? should i add minoxidil foam?