Finasteride not evenly distributed in Proscar

SethAus

Reaction score
This is what my doctor told me. So when you cut it up into 4 pieces, you may be getting most or all of the 5mg dosage in 1 or 2 of those pieces. The other pieces are, in effect, placebos.

The Doctor also told me that I can easily skip a 5th day and maintain the drugs efficacy, since ultimately, I'll end up with 5mg in my system anyway, which is the recommended dosage for hair loss. He also suggested (though not emphatically) that I could cut back even further and still maintain the benefit.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride IS evenly distributed among the proscar tablet. Your doctor is talking sh*t!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
gonna_win said:
finasteride IS evenly distributed among the proscar tablet. Your doctor is talking $#iT!

I agree - mostly because there was a pharmacist on this or another forum who also confirmed that.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your doctor does not understand the pharmachutical manufacturing process, batch production means it is almost impossible for the active ingredient to NOT be spread uniformly.

answer_q

Reaction score
I was told the same by a doctor dealing with one of the hair transplant centres, that it is not evenly divided.

So I guess it is evenly divided then, what is the batch process ?