Finasteride, piroctone olamine user. My experience

TargetTGF-BnotDHT

Reaction score
First of all, a quick rundown on me. I'm 23, started the very beginning stages of male pattern baldness at 19, and things took a downhill turn fast after that. I'm currently a Norwood 2.5, and a very thin haired one at that. I honestly use Toppik to hide my hair loss (as much as possible) from my girlfriend.

I started finasteride April 20, 2013 (last year) and have been taking it not every day but sparingly, say an average of once every 2 or 3 days, since then. It's definitely legit finasteride given the side effects it gives me. Here are the results so far, and keep in mind, my constant use of piroctone olamine, based on the fact that it eliminates my male pattern baldness itch and much reduces shedding, is possibly every bit as much to thank as finasteride:

1. My hair quality is definitely improved..very slightly. I don't have before and after pics because even if I did people would just cast doubt on their legitimacy no matter what, so why bother? Besides I never had the money to buy an expensive accurate camera. But anyways, based on the fact that I was in the middle of a time where my male pattern baldness was taking a SHARP turn for the worse, I'd say I'd be like a Norwood 3-4 by now if it weren't for BOTH finasteride and piroctone olamine.

2. Both finasteride and raloxifene kill my libido, especially in combination. I currently have to take 200 miligrams of sildenafil (v****) to acquire a full erection, and that's only if I haven't masturbated in a couple weeks. If I masturbate, not even any amount of v**** will let me have a halfway decent boner. I attribute a lot of this to raloxifene, because after dropping it, my libido has SLIGHTLY improved, but is still in the tank.

3. On a positive note, finasteride makes my energy levels go way higher, and I've lost what little body fat I had before (I was already skinny, but now I'm so skinny that I look muscular and tone, simply because now I have like no body fat). It's probably the increase in testosterone from finasteride.

4. I'm gyno prone, because I got pubertal gyno, and finasteride makes my nipples itch and even gave me slight boobs at one point, no it wasn't my imagination they were physically obviously there, and I had to reverse it with raloxifene which did a nice job at killing the gyno within a couple months at 60 mg/day. However, raloxifene seems to make me gain weight and has a negative effect on my mood and libido, when taken for extended periods of time.

4. I'm going to see if cabergoline (to lower prolactin), or Arimidex in SMALL doses very sparingly, can lower my estrogen/prolactin and increase testosterone to the point where I can have my libido and erections back, without making my hair go back to the way it was before baseline.

That's basically my story.