finasteride qestion

G

What would happen if you were taking Propica and your hair was not falling out do to DHT would it cause hair loss or have any other negative effect?

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand your question but I have no idea about that, if you do not have male pattern baldness that means you have normal hormones. According to me as a male pattern baldness sufferer i have not normal DTH levels, if you use Finasterid it may unbalance your balanced DTH levels. It may decrease the normal levels.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my advice, if you aren't sure if you are losing your hair, is to go an see a dermatologist. If they tell you that you do have male pattern baldness, then go on propecia if that's what you feel is the treatment that would fit you best. Most likely, taking propecia would not really harm you other to give you the slight possibility of the negative side effects. propecia does not cause you to lose hair, it only helps. but, it only helps if you are suffering from male pattern baldness, otherwise you would just be wasting money.

Deaner

Reaction score
Remember, hairloss isn't so much about abnormal DHT levels, but the sensitivity of the follicle to DHT. So you may have identical levels of DHT to somebody who isn't balding. Propecia acts to reduce DHT simply because there's no way at this point to alter the sensitivity of the follicles. In that case, second best is to just reduce the DHT making it to the sensitive follicle. So, basically, taking Propecia I believe would subject non-male pattern baldness people to the risks of sexual side effects and the like without a point.