finasteride Results Summary!!

Calum_026

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been looking at this forum for a while which has been great and helpful but am a bit confused about the results people get with finasteride!

Basically I am looking for maintenance, have a mild receeding hairline with a little thinning in the crown and love the idea of finasteride.
The reason I am posting this is cos although most people have good results with finasteride, there are the sad stories of people who have gone downhill massively (not mentioning names but the posts are there)

Please can anyone reading this post who has tried finasteride quickly post their hairloss and results.
It might pursuade me and others to put into perspective the few bad experiences against those who have had good results :)

Thanks to anyone who posts :hairy:

antonio666

Reaction score
propecia claim that the drug works in 83% of men ,this in my opinion is not true.propecia does work in a lot of men but there are a lot of non responders and on some of the men it just slows down the loss a bit.

very few get moderate to dense regrowth,avodaer is the same

Sean68

Reaction score
you cant really assess how it will work for you by looking at other peoples results but if you want some hair p**rn to look at then check out the success stories and tell your story boards.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Calum_026 said:
Hi guys,

I have been looking at this forum for a while which has been great and helpful but am a bit confused about the results people get with finasteride!

Basically I am looking for maintenance, have a mild receeding hairline with a little thinning in the crown and love the idea of finasteride.
The reason I am posting this is cos although most people have good results with finasteride, there are the sad stories of people who have gone downhill massively (not mentioning names but the posts are there)

Please can anyone reading this post who has tried finasteride quickly post their hairloss and results.
It might pursuade me and others to put into perspective the few bad experiences against those who have had good results :)

I have been on finasteride for a little over 4 months, and the hair loss has more or less stabilized. I am mostly thinning in the front, diffuse, though I have no temple recession. finasteride has even worked here a little.

The problem with Finasteride is not the drug, but the unrealistic results people hope for. Maintenance and a little bit of thickening is already a success. When you weigh your options, it's either your hair gets a lot worse, or improves slightly and then stays that way. Either way, you will have more hair than you would have had you not taken finasteride.

(I have had absolutely no side effects)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
BornBaldDieBald said:
Calum_026 said:
Hi guys,

I have been on finasteride for a little over 4 months, and the hair loss has more or less stabilized. I am mostly thinning in the front, diffuse, though I have no temple recession. finasteride has even worked here a little.

The problem with Finasteride is not the drug, but the unrealistic results people hope for. Maintenance and a little bit of thickening is already a success. When you weigh your options, it's either your hair gets a lot worse, or improves slightly and then stays that way. Either way, you will have more hair than you would have had you not taken finasteride.

(I have had absolutely no side effects)

well said, people tend to ask for too much. I will be perfectly happy if I can just maintain what I have.

Calum_026

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses guys,

I too would love to just have maintenance, that would suit me fine.

............but I have read on this board and HLH reports of people who have regretted ever touching finasteride, saying (with photographs) how it has made their loss much worse, much quicker?

And these were people who simply wanted to maintain, I can post links to these but there are a few stories like this on these boards!

Is it people who's male pattern baldness is too aggressive? An increase in scalp testosterone caused by finasteride or just all blown out of proportion?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just can't see how lowering DHT (which is what Propecia does) can possibly be a bad thing for your hair.

People who claim they're losing loads on Propecia are either going through a shed from another part of their regimen, or are otherwise just losing hair at a faster rate than Propecia can save it.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc - it's a logical fallacy so old it has a latin name :wink:

feenix101

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for a little over 4 months now. I'm a diffuse thinner and my vertex area is thin, still is but not any worse then it was at baseline. I hit a shed at 3months and it lasted for about a week and a half but i knew to just hang in there, then 2weeks after saw alot of vellus hairs, along the hairline and throughout the scalp. Now most of the vellus hairs have gone, but my hair is still the same. As for side effects, the first month my balls ached maybe 4 times in total and stopped, thats all I got. And as with you, all I'm looking for is maintenance, just like to keep what I have while I'm a young dude still!