finasteride Shed (kinked hairs)

EffBalding

Reaction score
So I've been on generic finasteride for a little over 2 months and I've been going through a nasty shed for a while now. I've been shedding A LOT in the back as well which is worrying me. The hairs that are falling out are normal but thin hairs (vary in thickness though), the density of my hair is much lower now and a lot of the hairs that are on my head are kinked (like pubes). I pulled one of them out these hairs are MUCH thicker and longer than the hairs that are falling out. There has been no regrowth of the hairs that have been shedding, the density of my hair gets worse and worse everyday and it seems like there are more and more kinked hairs on my head. Anybody know what these kinked hairs are? I don't shed ANY kinked hairs by the way.

EffBalding

Reaction score
I think I'm responding well, because I see A LOT of little hairs in the corners of my hairline, some are practically growing on my forehead. But everywhere else is still pretty thin, but I'm just assuming I have the same sized hairs growing all around my head as I do on my hair line, who knows. I'm going to wait about a few more weeks to a month before I start minoxidil. Also the thing is my curled hairs and the kinked hairs aren't thin or brittle, they are actually REALLY thick, I just hope they straighten out and look normal. I've read up that they can be a hormone problem but I'm not sure.