finasteride shed question

for.junkie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just started on finasteride (1mg everyday) for 2 weeks, so far no finasteride shed and no sides. Just want to ask is finasteride shed a phase that everyone will go through? If so, does it mean that if you do not experience finasteride shed, the drug is probably not working for you? Thanks for any input.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it depends. I have heard that some people didn't shed at all and had good regrowth.

for.junkie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

That's good to hear. Hopefully I don't have to go through the finasteride shed phase and get some regrowth in months time.
Another question, if a person does not have male pattern baldness or any hairloss, and he takes finasteride because of prostate problem, will he go through finasteride shed? Or finasteride shed only happens when a person has a DHT related hair loss problem and finasteride is having an effect?

Again, thanks for any input.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My first ever finasteride shed was horrible, if it does happen, POWER through. Some people have been known to stop after the fright of shedding. Good luck, lad.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

That's good to hear. Hopefully I don't have to go through the finasteride shed phase and get some regrowth in months time.
Another question, if a person does not have male pattern baldness or any hairloss, and he takes finasteride because of prostate problem, will he go through finasteride shed? Or finasteride shed only happens when a person has a DHT related hair loss problem and finasteride is having an effect?

Again, thanks for any input.

finasteride sheds only happen when someone has male pattern baldness and they have miniaturized hairs. Some people shed, some don't, results vary and its not a clear sign of whether it will work or not depending on whether you shed or not

my shed lasted 2 and a half to 3 months

L&R

Reaction score
Same here. My finasteride shed decimated the top of my head and took place from probably 1 month in to a little over 4 months in. I'm a little over 5 months in now and the regrowth over the last month has been awesome. Not only did I get back what I lost on the initial shed, I'm already over my baseline.

This site did a lot to convince me to power through (thanks everybody).