finasteride shed/regrowth

voidoid

Reaction score
i've been on quartered generic proscar for 3 months and nizoral 1% every other day. Shed has been pretty consistant, I haven't really noticed that much of an increase in the number of hairs I shed in a day, but I can definitly tell that the top of my head has become alot more diffuse and my crown spot has gotten worse (like getting in a pool is not an option for me now) :( . Although my hair has gotten worse I can tell that there are maybe 4 or five hairs at the very front of my hair line, in the middle of the M, the place that has receeded, as in there was absolutly 0 hair there 3 ;months ago. Is this a sign that there may be alot of progress down the road, or am I just grasping at straws? any previous experience or advice would be much appreciated. I'm 21 and a Norwood 2.5.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
general consensus seems to be that the shed happens before regrowth, whether it's the first shed you've experienced or the 10th. hope it's getting better on your end buddy

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shedding means its working! 3 months is EXACTLY when the shed is at its worse.

when i started finasteride i got some gnarly shedding.. really bizarre patterns too like the back of my head...

it had all regrown and thickened up by about month 6 and stayed that way.. 3 years and going!

voidoid

Reaction score
Thanks guys! this is really tough, but it's good to know that there is light on the other side, even if I can't see it yet.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
shedding means its working! 3 months is EXACTLY when the shed is at its worse.

when i started finasteride i got some gnarly shedding.. really bizarre patterns too like the back of my head...

it had all regrown and thickened up by about month 6 and stayed that way.. 3 years and going!

hey man look at my story in success and PLEASE comment on what you think my next step should be... thanks

also where you on foam and finasteride at he same time all the way through ?