finasteride Shedding = worth the risk (at least statiscally) ?

bwaters2000

Reaction score
Thinned on the crown and ODDLY enough on the sides of the head (bilateral thinning). No bald spots. One derm said that side thinning can be male pattern baldness, but I am not convinced of the correctness of diagnosis as I really do not know when I thinned. Possibly as long as over more than 20 years ago, and it may be that thinning is not progressing. At least not aggressively. Am closely moniroting my head, but this is driving me crazy sometimes.

I would guesstimate those who go through initial shedding from finasteride use and do not grow back the shed hairs are "minority"? I am very concerned of the risk of not growing it back after the initial shedding.

I understand that no one (include the pharmacy companies) can guarantee that I will grow it back or not grow it back so it kind of seems to be almost like a lottery. Potentially a very dangerous lottery.

Another question is the less thinnings you have is it the less likely you will shed?

Thanks for your insights.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Well there usually is no hard shed on finasteride like with minoxidil. Having said that check out "SEFreak's" story in the Success Forum.

Chances are that it is growing back. Without finasteride you can be sure it isn't going to grow back :whistle: