• Same

• Slightly worse

• Much worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright decided I was creating too many threads every so months updating my progress, so this is going to be the only thread now.

Currently about 18 months on finasteride only. I think Im “maintaining” but it appears that the corners of my hairline are continuing to miniaturize. Would you agree?

My main concern is the dandruff/itchyness, its happening Id say across my whole head (including donor although not as bad there). It comes and goes some months worse than others but Id say its pretty much always been there.I feel like density hasn’t changed much but definitely hasn't gotten better. Ive been on keto pretty consistently but the itch still persists, any thoughts?

Overall opinion, would you recommend the duta switch or is it not necessary?

Attachments

• 35D63176-3271-4C49-BFDB-FDE5F0A100C0.jpeg
    35D63176-3271-4C49-BFDB-FDE5F0A100C0.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 9028CACE-5378-4790-B91F-09717FF78704.jpeg
    9028CACE-5378-4790-B91F-09717FF78704.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 382
  • AD179202-8962-4D27-A9BF-ABEBC35923AA.jpeg
    AD179202-8962-4D27-A9BF-ABEBC35923AA.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 358
  • 059CFD7F-3976-47F3-AA7F-6AFEF016D5E7.jpeg
    059CFD7F-3976-47F3-AA7F-6AFEF016D5E7.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 371
  • 034999CA-9D1E-46F5-96B2-AFB870B3DC7F.png
    034999CA-9D1E-46F5-96B2-AFB870B3DC7F.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Hair is looking very good man, I wouldn't even think about a transplant at the moment either.

As long as you are maintaining on finasteride, which it looks like you are, I wouldn't worry about your hair at all.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not switch to dutasteride. However, I would be more concerned that you have dandruff and itching. That means some type of allergic reaction. List all your topicals and hair products including shampoos that you use and how frequent you are using them.
The thing is I use no topicals haha. Perhaps I should go see my dermatologist again but other than keto, not sure what more she can do. I’ve hand dandruff pretty much my whole life but when I started using H&S anti-dandruff shampoo every single day it went away. Then I noticed balding and immediately quit H&S shampoo and switched to Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat Shampoo & Conditioner.

Current things Im apply to my head:

Keto 2% shampoo 1-2x a week
Giovanni tea tree shampoo whenever its not Keto

shampoo about 2-3x a week.

If I need to be “presentable” and used shampoo recently I just use conditioner that day when I take a shower.

other than that no products/topicals, just natural sebum

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
am i crazy because i think now is noticeably better before, we started finasteride at the same time and boy you respond great to it.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
am i crazy because i think now is noticeably better before, we started finasteride at the same time and boy you respond great to it.
Damn must be some deceiving *** photos then. I definitely do not think its better, I look at my hair basically every week/half week. Id think Id realize regrowth if it happened.

Whatever atleast the good news is that if its changed for the worse it definitely hasn’t gotten too much worse if y’all cant tell.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The thing is I use no topicals haha. Perhaps I should go see my dermatologist again but other than keto, not sure what more she can do. I’ve hand dandruff pretty much my whole life but when I started using H&S anti-dandruff shampoo every single day it went away. Then I noticed balding and immediately quit H&S shampoo and switched to Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat Shampoo & Conditioner.

Current things Im apply to my head:

Keto 2% shampoo 1-2x a week
Giovanni tea tree shampoo whenever its not Keto

shampoo about 2-3x a week.

If I need to be “presentable” and used shampoo recently I just use conditioner that day when I take a shower.

other than that no products/topicals, just natural sebum
I think GroMD shampoo is good. Have you tried it?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really like alpecin dandruff killer, contains a few actives including piroctone olamine which i think has shown in studies to be superior to ketoconazole, quite cheap too, maybe give that a try. A healthy scalp is essential for hair growth.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think GroMD shampoo is good. Have you tried it?
I haven’t. Are you suggesting I start using that instead of Keto?

Jesus, its $70. Lol, do people actually get results from this? I’ve tried so many shampoos (around 7-9) that people have recommended and Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat has been my favorite by far.

Id say my scalp is good after a shower for like 6/7 hours then after the sebum starts building you feel the flakes when itching.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I haven’t. Are you suggesting I start using that instead of Keto?

Jesus, its $70. Lol, do people actually get results from this? I’ve tried so many shampoos (around 7-9) that people have recommended and Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat has been my favorite by far.

Id say my scalp is good after a shower for like 6/7 hours then after the sebum starts building you feel the flakes when itching.
If you found something you like, then stick to it. You can get it for half the price with a coupon code. Just in case, you were curious watch this.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you found something you like, then stick to it. You can get it for half the price with a coupon code. Just in case, you were curious watch this.
Yea, I'll give it a try. Not because of that video, seemed like a sales pitch but $35 is cheap enough that if it helps I'm willing to continue buying it. How would you recommend I use this in conjecture with keto?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yea, I'll give it a try. Not because of that video, seemed like a sales pitch but $35 is cheap enough that if it helps I'm willing to continue buying it. How would you recommend I use this in conjecture with keto?
I would use it on days you don't use keto or just add a few drops of keto shampoo to the GroMD shampoo. I mix my shampoos all the time so I can get the benefits of two shampoos. You just put half the amount of one shampoo in your hand and then put a half amount of the other shampoo in your hand and lather up. You are not wasting it as you use half the amount. Nothing wrong with using a kitchen sink approach to shampooing your hair. I wash my hair everyday so I can alternate my shampoos so I guess if you don't then you can mix them.

The video was a sales pitch but I think Spex would not endorse something that was not worth using. His hair looks great after all his hair transplants. I probably would not have bothered trying it if someone I did not know about their reputation was pitching it. Spex has been around the forums for a long time and has enough experience in the industry.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The video was a sales pitch but I think Spex would not endorse something that was not worth using. His hair looks great after all his hair transplants. I probably would not have bothered trying it if someone I did not know about their reputation was pitching it. Spex has been around the forums for a long time and has enough experience in the industry.
Yup, that's why I'm trying it. Plus your voucher as well! :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yup, that's why I'm trying it. Plus your voucher as well! :)
Thanks for your confidence in me. I have tried many products over the years with both skin and hair and I would say this shampoo is good quality and I think it does help promote a healthy scalp. It really tingles when you use it like Nioxin. And the bottle is quite big so it should last a good long time. I like that it is an all in one shampoo and conditioner. I still think your hair looks good and there is no need to switch to dutasteride at your age.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks really good. Maybe it's the angles but to me it looks slightly better. But it has definitely not gotten worse. Nice head of hair.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried taking photos from the same exact angle. 7 month difference in time, only different is showered (march) vs un showered (now) hair.

Seems like maintenance/slight loss to me.

Attachments

• 4E283DCB-A12E-4EA2-A887-781480E2B6A9.jpeg
    4E283DCB-A12E-4EA2-A887-781480E2B6A9.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 217
  • A4B6E94F-4FAB-4716-9CC7-77F265B3546E.jpeg
    A4B6E94F-4FAB-4716-9CC7-77F265B3546E.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 9957607D-20B3-4B4E-9D33-DF474E63E8CC.jpeg
    9957607D-20B3-4B4E-9D33-DF474E63E8CC.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 6359A1D2-715A-4191-A765-7CC5FB92B978.jpeg
    6359A1D2-715A-4191-A765-7CC5FB92B978.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 218

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the looks of it you are a good responder to finasteride man. Why not add an AA, i feel like that will for sure stop any progression for you and recover some. I wish my hairline maintained there lol

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the looks of it you are a good responder to finasteride man. Why not add an AA, i feel like that will for sure stop any progression for you and recover some. I wish my hairline maintained there lol
Finasteride is an AA? Which AA’s are you referring to?